Scribed by Dennis
OKR Check-in (miketaylr)
- Mike: It might be useful to do a confidence-checkin in the middle of the quarter. Let's schedule this for our next OKR checkin.
Update on Open Innovation Form Improvements ( 👹 )
- Mike: There are some documents you're all welcome to look at: * https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_kxX9vL0=/ * https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_kxWDuVE=/
- Mike: The idea is to see if OI can create a better reporting form that results in less invalid bugs. We have some prototypes that would be ready for implementation. You're welcome to leave contacts. They have a frontend dev contracting who would be building this, and we should see some code coming in for review in the coming weeks. This is in progress, and the idea still is to do A/B tests. There are a lot of cute and fun improvements. Even if all experiments fail, we can take over some of those ideas.
TSCI-driven webcompat (miketaylr)
A proposal for how we organize (some of) our efforts for H2.
- Mike: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R4xzyCqedPrC_kxPMiFkG-Pn4LpKykjwXs8fJWd_yHo/edit#heading=h.e9y4kkxmkzfv
- Mike: We've got the TSCI dashboard. It's a theory on how we can measure Firefox user's experience on top sites. You noticed we have a dramatic drop in the last week, that's because we closed a couple of Google issues that either were fixed or out of scope.
- Mike: The score is based on the assumption that site #1 is twice as important as site #2. This means that 98% of the score comes out of the top 10 sites, which makes sense, given how important those sites are.
- Mike: In the upcoming days, I want us to focus on the top 10 sites. Ideally, we really don't want to have any unprioritized issues from top 10 sites.
- Mike: There currently is a large backlog we need to work through. If there are issues we can fix via a WebCompat intervention, we should just do that, as we're waiting on those sites for quite some time in some cases.
- Mike: Also, once a week, let's make sure we look at those issues. We need to figure out how the TSCI-driven diagnosis will look like for our work. For the people doing diagnosis, we need to prorize the top sites. But we also don't want to let all the other issues sit around. We need to find a balance between looking at the top sites, while also making sure that we do not ignore all the other issues.
- Mike: Happy to gather feedback if someone has an idea on how we could balance that.
- dennis: RIght now I have the feeling that we're in a bit of a backlog state (esp since Karl is on PTO, and other things have been happening). Maybe let's wait a couple of weeks to reduce the backlog then we can have a better idea of what this means for our work. Let's experiment and try to formalize it during our next OKR check-in.
- Mike: I think one thing we need to do is to have more queries, so that it's easy to find issues we need to be working on. I'll build some of the queries, like it in the wiki, and ping everyone on the mailinglist.
Top 10 TSCI proposal (oana)
I've created some queries for the top 10 sites / week (triage/needsdiagnosis/sitewait) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jpdTFvBF1_SMHbaCtWwuG6aAVCV35dTBS8l9rI4plQc/edit?ts=58df1d37#gid=536230043. Should we use it to view the progress in order to update the OKR? Also since this week it's just me, I was considering to do just the Triage part. In regards to Needsdiagnosis and Sitewait parts we could trying doing this in rotation between us, maybe Friday as you suggested.
Two Minutes ( 👹 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the week. * Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. * Keep it short. * Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Abdul: Crawling outreach
- Cipri: PTO
- Dennis: Helping my appartment being fixed after water damage. And some regular work like diagnosis and responding to emails. Also, sending emails to the Governance mailing list so we'll soon have our own module.
- Guillaume: PTO
- Karl: PTO
- Ksenia: diagnosis and gofaster interventions/overrides
- Mariana: Moving????
- Mike: Metrics hacking and some triage!
- Oana: Triage issues & Top 10 TSCI (Triage part mostly Google, Facebook & YouTube issues)
- Sergiu: PTO
- Thomas: Diagnosis, about:compat fixes, GWS tier 1 Fennec experiment, checking for web platform tests for top webcompat issues, blogging about webcompat.
PTO / Travel ( 👹 )
Coming holidays across the world https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/
- Karl: 2019-07-09 to 2019-07-26 (france)
- Oana: 2019-07-08 to 2019-07-12 (Poland hiking)
- Cipri: 2019-07-22 to 2019-08-02 (Italian seaside)
- Dennis: 2019-08-12 and 2019-08-13 (In Berlin for some Firefox org meetings)
- Mike: 2019-07-31 to 2019-08-07 (family reunion) Tom, Mike, Karl: 2019-09-10 to 2019-09-20 (TPAC in Japan)