- 1 Minutes
- 1.1 This is your agenda (karl)
- 1.2 FYI: 2021H2 Webcompat Goals Team and Individual (karl)
- 1.3 Site Interventions Module Owner (karl)
- 1.4 Webcompat.com and Module Owner (karl)
- 1.5 Diagnosis Build Up (karl)
- 1.6 FYI: UA String Reduction Work (karl)
- 1.7 Webcompat and Performance Teams (karl)
- 1.8 Compat interventions testing (jgraham)
- 1.9 Joe's floor. ( 👹 )
- 1.10 Two Minutes ( 👹 )
- 1.11 PTO / Travel ( 👹 )
- 1.12 FYI: 2021H1 Ideas (karl)
Scribed by James
This is your agenda (karl)
- If there are no agenda items the meeting will be cancelled.
- Meeting is for everyone, so please add items on the agenda that you'd like to discuss; please don't hesitate.
- Can also discuss 1:1 with Karl, but this is better where whole team discussions are useful.
FYI: 2021H2 Webcompat Goals Team and Individual (karl)
Let's get ready now with goals individuals and as a team. Shake the tree. Think out of the box. Try to think about how we can do a better job at web compatibility with the current systems or new systems. Should we stop doing some of the things? Should we explore new venues? Should we optimize some of the systems we have.
- H2 is soon!
- Don't wait on the culture amp system; create documents with proposed goals as soon as possible so we can start working on the outcomes asap.
- [Oana] Softvision are going to add goals to the dashboard
- Goals will be added to GitHub and Karl will interface with Jira. We will figure out how to synchronise better going forward.
Site Interventions Module Owner (karl)
Congratulations to Dennis as the site interventions Module Owner. What does that mean?
- He will manage the intervention agenda. Sync with release process of Firefox. Discuss features and plan with others in team.
- Softvision will do another round of QA on interventions this week.
Webcompat.com and Module Owner (karl)
Congratulations to Ksenia as the webcompat.com Module Owner and the ML bot module owner. What does that mean?
- Ksenia and Karl have permissions to do releases.
- We now have some documentation! This helps a lot with triage.
- There is work in progress to improve automatic categorisation and improve the workflow for softvision.
- SV are collecting classifications that can be used to train the bot.
- Talk to Ksenia about areas where we can improve classification/workflow.
Diagnosis Build Up (karl)
We are at 200+, we need to go under 100. The next two weeks, Thomas and Dennis are out. Let's make sure Ksenia and I can work out as much diagnosis as possible. http://webcompat-dashboard.herokuapp.com/needsdiagnosis Weekly incoming bugs are stable http://webcompat-dashboard.herokuapp.com/weeklyreports?from=2021-04-18&to=2021-06-20&=undefined
- Karl will spend some time this week. Next week the backlog will build up again.
FYI: UA String Reduction Work (karl)
https://github.com/whatwg/compat/blob/main/uastring/minutes/2021-06-15-minutes.md The work has started. You are welcome to contribute. * coordinateing with Mike Taylor at Google.
- cpeterson also participating.
- Changes have compat impact. But freezing/reducing differences can reduce fingerprinting impact or reduce issues from bad sniffing.
Webcompat and Performance Teams (karl)
(for next meeting when Thomas and Dennis are back) Read https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RfV_gV0LgOeADjGM6ZcY6tQeLqwIUHzFfl2MXubrvlY/edit#
- Old bugs digging for performance
- Do a combined perf+webcompat bug bash sometime (H2?)
- Performance team to teach webcompat team about profiling and triage to help investigate perf bugs.
Compat interventions testing (jgraham)
(needs thomas) I have a mach command that works and nearly have it running on CI. Need to decide on details.
- I tried porting two tests of Thomas, and some of the issues start to appear that we will have to deal with e.g. tests that fail when the site is offline.
Joe's floor. ( 👹 )
- I'm planning on attending more team meetings
- Karl will become an official manager rather than an interim one :)
- [karl] Please tell me if there are ways that I could be more helpful/useful.
Two Minutes ( 👹 )
The useful, the silly, the things you did since the last meeting. Pro and Perso accepted.
- Dennis: PTO
- Guillaume: (no news)
- James: Started looking at web compat interventions testing. Some marionette and WebDriver-BiDi stuff.
- Karl: Doing a bit of webcompat strategy, Reviewing Workday. Doing Diagnosis. Had a meeting with Patricia Lawless Performance team. I put a pineapple head into water, and it started to grow roots.
- Kate: (no news)
- Oana: PTO & triage and moderation. We finished Sitewait verification. The weather is super hot here, but I was able to hike in the woods around and it was perfect.
- Raul: Triage and moderation work. Not happy with the hot weather we are having here. I think my body has forgot how to handle hot weather.
- Thomas: PTO
- Joe: We grew some strawberries, and shared them with the birds.
PTO / Travel ( 👹 )
(no more travel until the end of 2021… probably) Coming holidays across the world https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/
- June 21-25 (TomW, PTO)
- June 21-25 (Dennis, PTO)
- June 25 (Karl PTO)
- 2nd and 5th of July (Raul PTO)
- June 28 - July 2 (Webcompat Team Wellness week)
FYI: 2021H1 Ideas (karl)
Let's keep this around so we have a reference. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w3_AU4ZYJJLSkqOW5j_6K49JxmutEsxcpsiwHXz8Tbw/edit?usp=sharing