Mobile Web Compatibility November 15, 2012, Minutes
- (cheilmann) to reach out to SASS and LESS about prefixless animation and transition
- Christian to reach out to them by Firefox 16
- Jean-Yves: I've asked him today, not yet done. I will push again on this one
- (lmandel) follow-up with WURFL
- [ON TRACK] (AaronMT) Add more details behind vimeo problem on FF Android and notify vimeo with problems
- Summarized email sent to Vimeo last Friday, no response yet
- [HOLD] (jsmith) Follow up on everything.me thread with Paxton and Chris
- (jsmith) I'm going to wait until we get an initial analysis. See below for more information.
- [HOLD] (jy) contact a ReMo partner (Pierros?) to join the meeting and be the contact for outreach via Reps.
- [HOLD] (tchung) investigate the quality of E.me apps on b2g
- (jsmith) It might be worth getting the list of URLs for the E.me apps, put them through the screenshot script, then continue the discussion with Chris on E.me risks we've noticed.
-  (lmandel) E.me list of URLs for each app
-  (lmandel) I e-mailed E.me requesting the list. Waiting on response.
-  (lmandel) Phony type functionality on b2g
-  (lmandel) https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/mozilla.dev.b2g/01Pqtkzsiv4
-  (lmandel & jsmith) Followup with Chris Lee on Target Goals for Compat
-  (lmandel) Started the conversation. Don't have an answer yet.
-  (lmandel) jjensen working on data to drive list.
- [DONE]  (tony) follow up with the air mozilla presentation to be posted
-  (lmandel) See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=804902
-  (lmandel) Followup on bug 794100 (Brightcove) outreach with Tom and Jet
-  (lmandel) Jet provided introduction.
-  (lmandel) Sent problem details to contact at Brigtcove.
-  (lukas) start thread to get a B2G Test event on web compat - 2 weeks away?
- [DONE]  (lmandel) Find contact for Vimeo
-  (lmandel) I e-mailed dees for an introduction. No response yet.
Site Testing, Evangelism & Communication Status
- Approach for E.me app evangelism
- We will share test load with E.me and Telephonica.
- Does our group any connection to the preloaded apps on device and how?
- Not really for packaged apps.
- Firefox flicks team is going to talk to vimeo -https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=719694
Gecko Specific Issues
- Deep dive site investigation to be undertaken by jdm and johns https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=811421
- Google Ads pp
- Gerv's UA String: "Touch" or "Tablet" conversation on mozilla-dev-planning
Other Issues (tools, general, ...)
- Pressly fix to support Firefox for Android tablets https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=808572
New Action Items
- [jsmith] Get preloaded hosted apps list for v1
- [lmandel] Ask E.me if different app set will be included for different markets
- [lmandel] Will follow up with Firefox Flicks team about Vimeo today
- [lmandel] Speak with BD about whether they have a CRM tool in place
- [lmandel] Check in with Clint if we can get a spade testrun done, so TE team can do some analysis