|Thunderbird 3.3 Alpha 3||Thunderbird 3.1.8|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> gozer
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Pending 3.1.8 release.
- ISPDB conversion remains at 40%. Top missing domains: psmtp.com, ocn.ad.jp, interia.pl, aon.at, locaweb.com.br, servidoresdns.net, one.com, telenet-ops.be, netsolmail.net, emailsrvr.com
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- It works on trunk, as of version 1.0.3
- It needs some UI work to put free account sign-up in-frame.
- It also needs some tests.
- Got Session restoration working.
- Fixed a bunch of other reported bugs.
- Released a new version, with blog and twitter posts.
- Mostly bugfixes this week.
- No new features, localization moving along...
- Still a couple regressions to fix and then will release 2.0a3 in sync with 3.3a3
Compose in a tab
- Support for editing drafts, forwarding as attachments, editing drafts with attachments.
- Big round of bugfixes.
- Plan still is to release at the same time as thunderbird 3.3a3 and issue a call for contributions after that.
Trunk (Miramar) Development
- Trunk closed due to regression in js engine. Probably only affects unit tests.
- Aiming to re-open today to some extent, we'll either fix the issue or fix the mozilla-central revision to FF 4.0b12 (via buildbot).
- Alpha 3
- Waiting to land a few patches, then cut later in the week and release this week or early next week.
- Beta 1
- Looking at landing Account Provisioning for beta 1. Timescales still being discussed.
- Beta 2
- Looking at landing OpenSearch for beta 2. Timescales still being discussed.
- New blocking policy drafted
- Currently working out next alpha/beta schedules.
- Help on fixing blockers would be very useful and appreciated, see this list of higher priority bugs.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
- Thunderbird 3.1.8 being released today
- Bug Lists: 3.1
- Maintaining Bugzilla
- tester's mailing list is low traffic you should subscribe to be warned when testing is going on.
- The QA page is going under a lot of maintenance old content is available here
- PR Updates: A little early but Tb 3.1.8 article, lot of stories on using Thunderbird to back up Gmail 1, 2, 3
- CEBIT this week, Ludovic will be there for us
- Tb 3.1.8 and promotion Tb 3.1.8 w/ Get an Account, Tbird Alpha 3
- Store/swag stuff w/ Karen
- Funnelcake builds to come in the next few days after 3.1.8
Build / Release Update
- Build/release staging environment
- 3.1.8 release
- lots of ispdb configs to review, will push to get them all done this week
- ongoing: conversion from sumomo to kitsune
- project plan on EtherPad
- working on semi-automated data conversion this week
- comment clean-out
- ongoing: doc for finding prefs
(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 500 new support topics (back to normal last week 610) - Media:22-28Feb2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Kitsune KB migration script to convert data from Tiki wiki - convertSuMoMoKBfiles - crude hack based on SuMo's migrate_kb.py and converter.py which was written by the SuMo dev team
- 3.1 Support Issues
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
If you are attending Cebit come and talk to me