- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- Watch at http://mzl.la/project-meeting-2020-04-20 or anonymously at https://air.mozilla.org. Watch live in the Hubs 3D space (in browser) at https://hubs.mozilla.com/1rNht23/hubs-commons/. You can also watch on the Mozilla YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAEB8jfKE_Q.
- join #project-call on irc.mozilla.org or Slack for backchannel discussion
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Zoom video chat 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- Presenters only: Zoom Meeting ID: 828 817 988 https://mozilla.zoom.us/j/828817988. Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- One-tap mobile
- +16465588656,,828817988# US (New York)
- +17207072699,,828817988# US
- Dial-in by your location
- +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
- +1 720 707 2699 US
- 877 853 5257 US Toll-free
- +61 2 8015 2088 Australia
- +61 8 7150 1149 Australia
- 1800 893 423 Australia Toll-free
- +1 647 558 0588 Canada
- +33 1 8288 0188 France
- +33 7 5678 4048 France
- 0 805 082 588 France Toll-free
- +49 30 5679 5800 Germany
- +49 69 8088 3899 Germany
- +49 30 3080 6188 Germany
- 800 724 3138 Germany Toll-free
- +852 5808 6088 Hong Kong, China
- +44 203 695 0088 United Kingdom
- +44 203 966 3809 United Kingdom
- +44 203 051 2874 United Kingdom
- 0 800 031 5717 United Kingdom Toll-free
- 1 Weekly Project Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.2.1 This Week
- 1.2.2 Monday, 20 April
- 1.2.3 Tuesday, 21 April
- 1.2.4 Wednesday, 22 April
- 1.2.5 Thursday, 23 April
- 1.2.6 Friday, 24 April
- 1.2.7 Saturday, 25 April
- 1.2.8 Sunday, 26 April
- 1.2.9 Next Week
- 1.2.10 Later Events and Available Tickets
- 1.3 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
Weekly Project Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live status meeting.
- We are happy to welcome the 4 new Council members Faisal, Manel, Shina and Tim to the Reps Council for a one-year term. The Council is the program’s 9-member governing body composed of 2 permanently appointed Staff members and 7 elected volunteers who are serving 12-month terms. The Council, among other activities, serves as an advisory body within the Mozilla organization. Thanks to everyone who stepped up and nominated themselves for these elections!
Monday, 20 April
- Add-ons Community Meeting
- 16:00 UTC
- Join us to discuss recent happenings in the add-ons community! Call-in information available on the wiki.
Tuesday, 21 April
Wednesday, 22 April
Thursday, 23 April
Friday, 24 April
Saturday, 25 April
Sunday, 26 April
Thursday, 30 April 2020: Ghost Work in Pandemic Times with Mary L. Gray
- Time: 10:30am PT / 1:30pm ET / 7:30pm CET
- Location: Broadcast and archived for NDAd Mozillians on Airmo.
- Mary L. Gray is a Senior Principal Researcher at Microsoft Research and an Edward J. Safra Center for Ethics Fellow at Harvard University, and maintains a faculty position in the School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering with affiliations in Anthropology and Gender Studies at Indiana University.
Gray will draw from Ghost Work: How to Stop Silicon Valley from Building a New Global Underclass (her 2019 book, coauthored with computer scientist Siddharth Suri), to argue that public health and economic recovery hinge on reckoning with the value of on-demand workers. The talk will outline the rise of on-demand services and the labor conditions and market flows that organize it. She will connect the global shift away from a shared worksite, co-present colleagues, and secure employment status many are experiencing today to the lessons learned from people who have been navigating ghost work conditions for more than a decade. Gray will end with a warning about another form of ghost work on the horizon: If not stopped now, the drive to develop automated contact tracing could reinforce ‘the paradox of automation’s last mile’—a relentless tech optimism that draws our attention to tech innovation as it elides the value of contingent human labor. Weathering the COVID-19 pandemic will require building technologies that assist and amplify rather than erase trusted healthcare workers.
Later Events and Available Tickets
Below is a list of events Mozilla is supporting (with their start dates), with current status updates. Some are being postponed, some cancelled and some undecided at present. The DevRel Team will continue to update as the situation changes. For more details about each event please visit our Developer Portal
Current list of Mozilla sponsored developer events around the globe (DevRel Events team will update) -
JS Kongress Munich | 04/15-16/20 | Munich, Germany POSTPONED
Mozilla x Bit Web of Things Workshop | 04/23/20 | Davis, CA POSTPONED
Tech Interior 2020 | 04/25/20| Jaboticabal, São Paulo, Brazil ONLINE AND NEW DATE FOR LIVE EVENT TBD
beyond tellerrand // DÜSSELDORF | 04/27-29/20 | Dusseldorf POSTPONED
Halfstack | 05/22/20 | Online event
Rustfest, Utrecht | 06/06-07/20 | Utrecht, The Netherlands POSTPONED
⛰ IndieWeb Summit 2020 | 06/27/20 - 06/28/20 | Portland, Oregon, USA ON HOLD UNTIL POSTPONEMENT FIGURED OUT
Halfstack | 07/03/20 | Newquay, UK
Game Devs of Color Expo | 07/10-11/20 | New York, US
Write the Docs, Portland 2020 | 08/09-11/20 | Portland, US
REFACTR.TECH 2020 | 08/12-14/20 | Atlanta
Halfstack | 08/14/20 | New York, US
Smashing Conference, Freiburg 2020 | 09/7-8/20 | Freiburg, Germany
beyond tellerrand // BERLIN | 09/7-10/20 | Berlin
Halfstack | 09/18/20 | Vienna, Austria
Smashing Conference, Austin 2020 | 10/13-14/20 | Austin
Halfstack | 10/19/20 | Tel Aviv, Israel
Smashing Conference, New York 2020 | 10/20-21/20 | Freiburg, Germany
beyond tellerrand // MUNICH | 11/2-4/20 | Munich
Smashing Conference, San Francisco 2020 | 11/10-11/20 | San Francisco
Halfstack | 11/20/20 | London, UK
Halfstack | 12/11/20 | Charlotte, US
Mozilla DevRel Complimentary Tickets
Current list of Mozilla sponsored developer events (with their start dates) around the globe (DevRel Events team will update):
Our DevRel Sponsorship team sometimes receives complimentary tickets to share with Mozillians interested in attending the following events. Please fill out this form Ticket RequestForm . If you have questions, reach out to the DevSponsorship Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
beyond tellerrand // DÜSSELDORF Dusseldorf | POSTPONED
REFACTR.TECH 2020 Atlanta, GA | 2020-08 12-14
beyond tellerrand // BERLIN Berlin | 2020-09-07
Smashing Conference, Freiburg Freiburg | 2020-09-07
Write the Docs, Portland Portland | 2020-08 09-11
Write the Docs, Prague Prague | 2020-09 13-15
Smashing Conference, Austin Austin | 2020-10 13-14
Smashing Conference, New York New York | 2020-10-20
beyond tellerrand // MUNICH Munich | 2020-11-02
Smashing Conference, San Francisco San Francisco | 2020-11 10-11
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Jared Wein||Team Firefox||Weekly Firefox Update||Remote Michigan||no||n/a||2020-04-20|
|Andy Kochendorfer||Streaming Solutions Architect||Weekly MinIT||Remote||no||n/a|
|Josh Marinacci||Software Development Manager||Emerging Technologies update||Remote Oregon||no||n/a||ET headlines|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
|Who is being introduced?||Who are you? (the introducer)||Where are you doing the introduction?||Where are they from?||How will they be part of Mozilla?|
|Their Name||Your Name||Intro location||Their Location||Their Role|
|Ben Wilson||Thyla van der Merwe||video intro and text intro||Utah, United States||Technical CA Program Manager|