teoli

alispivak: community redesign meeting now?

alispivak: you wrote: "We will also discuss in the Redesign feedback meeting, Tuesday

15 October @ 17:00 UTC, in the #devmo IRC channel. "

10:01

sankha93 [Instantbir@68CDE1B6.AA42D49B.2FB84AC6.IP] entered the room.

10:01

alispivak

yes

10:01

sheppy

Yep

Meeting time then $\stackrel{ullet}{=}$

10:01

alispivak

hello everyone!

10:02

teoli

Hello, my name is teoli and I'm a MDN writer.

10:02

Ms2ger

Not a Mozillian?

10:02

alispivak

hello, my name is ali and i've got a terribly sore throat, so please excuse me if I'm a little off today

10:02

teoli

Ms2ger: also, also!

10:02

Ms2ger

A mozflu, too?

10:03

teoli has plenty of small points for the meeting.

10:03

openjck

John here. Front-end developer and occasional part project manager on MDN.

10:03

alispivak

i thought I was over the mozflu, but it came back with a vengance yesterday

10:03

sheppy

sheppy here. I try to keep the writing work organized and orderly, but mostly fail. 😃



openjck

MozTwo, I suppose.	10.04
Ms2ger sheppy, oh, but we still love you	10:04
alispivak anyone else want to introduce themselves?	10:04
sheppy Ms2ger: I love you too	10:04
Ms2ger Hi, I'm Ms2ger, and I much prefer mediawiki	10:04
sheppy Ms2ger: poor fool	10:04
Ms2ger	10:04
chrismills I'm chrismills, and I mainly write lists of things that I don't have time to write	10:04 e about
Ms2ger Sounds like chrismills needs interns	10:05
sheppy chrismills: oh, that's a good one.	10:05
chrismills I so do.	10:05
sheppy I still wish I had an assistant.	10:05
Ms2ger Not it	10:05
alispivak Ms2ger: heh	10:05
teoli chrismills: I have a trick! When the list reaches 100 items, throw it away in th	10:05

wbamberg

wbamberg, also an MDN writer. I wait for chrismills to write things then adopt them

10:07

alispivak

ok, so, the purpose of this meeting is to discuss the redesign specifically, bugs people are finding in the beta

and to determine which of the open bugs we think block the beta from becoming public the list of open beta bugs is here:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=914840&hide_resolved=1 for this meeting, I'd like to concentrate on the bugs in the tree under https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=910513

10:08

firebot

Bug 910513 nor, --, ---, nobody, NEW, Redesign bug reports and change requests

10:09

alispivak

if it is easier, you cna see just those bugs in the tree here:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=910513&hide_resolved=1

10:09

teoli

We should group them in topics: we have several bugs about the width of columns, several about TOC, several about tags...

10:09

alispivak

yes. I sent out an email last week with the bugs grouped but haven't gone through the bugs and moved them into categories yes yet

10:10

teoli

Also there are dependancies: there is no point in discussing details of TOC as long as there is no decision how to solve the layout fundamental problems (which may impact TOC)

The three columns layout for articles just doesn't work. We should reduce to two.

10:11

alispivak

teoli: I should let you lead this discussion 😃



does anyone else have strong feelings on the three vs. two column layout? that would be a fundamental change to the new design

10:12

sheppy

teoli: We have problems with the 3-column view, but I'm not sure how we would lay things out in a 2-column view given all the stuff we want to present.

I still think we can fix the 3-column view

teoli I think we should do what has been done for the zone landing page. Removing the column. It would bring more coherence too	
sheppy But then were do you put the TOC?	10:12
teoli In other words: moving TOC; tags and attachment.	10:13
sheppy I'm not sure I agree, but would be open to seeing some mockups. But I bet this notion makes davidwalsh tear his hair out	10.13
teoli For tags and attachment we could move to the quicklinks column.	10:13
alispivak my question is: why is this important?	10:13
sheppy And the TOC? We're just getting the ability to keep it on screen all the time in an impending push	10:13
alispivak do we have specific pages where we cannot use the three column layout?	10:14
teoli alispivak: a lot of article are not useable right now.	10:14
alispivak I know this is a problem with large tables, for example	10:14
teoli a few hundred of them	10:14
sheppy teoli: We need to find a solution for that but I don't think removing a column is the solution	10:14 only
davidwalsh	10:14
sheppy: I am nothing but a tool, let me know when a decision is made locomoco [Mibbit@F382F482.FFEDDEDD.3741773.IP] entered the room.	10:14 10:14
	TO. T

teoli alispivak: with less than a 12" screen not usable	10.1
teoli people complains that articles cannot be read confortably on a macbook air 10"	10:14
alispivak would it make sense to have a small screen version that moves stuff around, but ke	10:14 eep
the current design for larger screens teoli	10:15
Larger screen = +7" +? I man 17"	10.15
locomoco left the room.	10:15
teoli I mean 17"	10.15
sheppy alispivak: imo yes	10:15
kaustavdm [kido@DDF7744D.62BF6793.4B4F1E7A.IP] entered the room.	10:16
teoli I have no problem to have 3-columns on very large screens but on my 15" it doesn't work well	10.10
chrismills I think that would work. For smaller screens, say 10-15", have a version that puts t left sidebar on top of the main content column	10:16 :he
teoli nothing on top please	10:16
sheppy chrismills: not on top But maybe tucked into something you can pop up.	10:16
teoli people are there for the content, not for a useless toc	10:16
chrismills Sorry – I meant the right hand column – the current article toc	10:17
teoli	10:17

I think we should have a floating widget for the toc that appear when hovered or clicked like for small screens

10:17

alispivak

so, then we'd have TOC, then quicklinks, then other stuff? if the TOC scrolls with the content, then you would never see the quicklinks meaning if everything goes in the left

10:17

sheppy

teoli: Yes, I think for small screens, going to something like that, with a little widget in the corner of the screen you can tap to pop up the TOC would be lovely.

10:17

teoli

People want syntax and example appear immediately when they look to a reference article

10:17

sheppy

Rather than putting it in the other column

10:18

teoli

they don't want to scroll to get the info they are looking for. If so, they would go to W3Schools like now

I think we should ask UX to propose us an alternative

10:18

alispivak

teoli: that is work that would have to be done on the writing/editing side

10:18

chrismills

sorry – the quicklinks and other stuff can stay on the left, but then the right hand column (article TOC) could go in this floating widget sheppy is talking about

10:18

mars

teoli, +1

10:19

sheppy

Maybe on small things, we add a little bar that has buttons to pop up all the things we currently put in sidebars.

10:19

chrismills

2 columns on a small laptop screen would be ok, 2 is too much

10:19

alispivak

teoli: I tihnk this is a great idea, but I'd like to finish the columns discussion first

10:19

sheppy

TOC, quicklinks, zone nav, attachment list, tags.

teoli alispivak: there is no work to be done: if we put toc before the content on a 10" th will be no content displayed anyway	iere
chrismills teoli: agreed, so let's hide the TOC like sheppy described	10:20
sheppy chrismills: Could even have buttons in that bar to quickly navigate to the samples, syntax, etc.	
teoli chrismills: yes, this looks good	10:20
chrismills This would also be a viable pattern for mobile/narrow screens	10:20
sheppy chrismills: Yes	10:20
teoli this widget will be a kind of very narrow third column? I'm fine with this	10:21
sheppy teoli: Or at the bottom of the screen on a phone in portrait mode	10:21
teoli sheppy: sure	10:21
alispivak we can have UX work out the best placement	10:21
sheppy That would maximize screen space available and simplify utility.	10:22
teoli alispivak: +1	10:22
teoli sheppy: +1	10:22
sheppy Without losing any functionality	10:22
	10:22

teoli U 10:22 sheppy Agreed! 10:22 chrismills It could be either of these two patterns: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Apps/Design/Responsive_Navigation_Patterns#Pattern_1.3A_Top_toggle_menu https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Apps/Design/Responsive_Navigation_Patterns#Pattern_3.3A_Left_hidden_menu or similar (look at the mobile layout, in each case) 10:23 teoli chrismills: both are ok for me 10:23 sheppy chrismills: yes, exactly 10:24 teoli So, can we set an action to reach habber about it? 10:24 alispivak ok, so can someone update one of the open bugs about column with with this request? I'm thinking: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=926312 10:24 firebot Bug 926312 nor, --, ---, nobody, NEW, The content column is too narrow 10:24 alispivak and cc habber 10:24 sheppy chrismills: you want to do that? 10:24 chrismills sheppy: sure thang 10:25 sheppy chrismills: awesome 10:25 chrismills I'll make sure habber gets the request 10:25

teoli ACTION: chrismills to comlete bug 926312 with the ideas to morph the right colusionething different.	umn in
sheppy woot	10:25
alispivak chrismills: can you add [needs UX] in the whiteboard, please	10:25
teoli	10:26
Note that this likely means that all bugs about TOC, tags, attachments should be hold until this is done (at least the one about the look of these)	on 10:26
alispivak getting back to the content organization	
chrismills alispivak: whiteboard? sorry, didn't understand that	10:26
teoli chrismills: whiteboard is a field of bugzilla	10:26
chrismills	10:26
teoli: oh, ok. I've found it	10:27
teoli is listening right now. sheppy	10:28
content organization?	10:28
alispivak ok, teoli also brought up putting examples, etc on the top part of the contet I don't see any bugs on this and i	
m not sure it should be a launch blocker in any case	10:29
all and the second of the seco	10.23

10:29

alispivak

No, shouldn't be IMO

sheppy

although I agree it is something we need to investigate there are several bugs about the H1, H2 appearance

which I would like to discuss next	10:30
teoli alispivak: moving things to the top is in no way a blocking things	
alispivak ok, glad we agree	10:30
teoli	10:30
<h2> and <h3> are very similar, especially if we use <code></code> in the second (or the first I don't remind)</h3></h2>	ond
I know that Jeremie filed a bug for the whole header rhythm (diatonic spacing or something similar)	
sheppy	10:31
I dunno what that means $\stackrel{ullet}{\underline{\slashed bound}}$	
alispivak	10:31
this one? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=912967	10.00
firebot Bug 912967 nor,,, nobody, NEW, The content title hierarchy is hard to	10:32
understand	10:32
teoli But the <h2> <h3> thing with <code></code> is the problematic one</h3></h2>	10:32
mars	
davidwalsh, openjck ^ did that header issue come up in the visual design call earlie	r? 10:32
sheppy files bug 927025 about the fact that styles are different in edit mode than reading mode	in
	10:32
firebot Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=927025 nor,,, nobody, N Styles while reading and while editing do not match	EW,
teoli	10:32
alispivak: yes that bug	
fscholz	10:32
In the old design <h2> was underlined, I think. That made the difference clear.</h2>	10:32
sheppy Yes, I miss that.	10.32

	10:32
davidwalsh Martell should be in here, no? He's working on MDN today	10.22
sheppy Also served as a bit of a separator of sorts between major sections.	10:32
fscholz	10:33
sheppy: indeed	10:33
teoli I think we should just ask sean + UX about there opinion here	10:33
sheppy Yeah	20.00
teoli	10:33
there = their	10:33
Ms2ger No it isn't	10:33
sheppy slaps Ms2ger with Funk & Wagnall's.	10:34
teoli It is really a theme things, so I don't feel confident about it.	10:34
alispivak I'll update the bug and ask Sean	
chrismills	10:35
I think we should avoid underlines. Underlines are so 1980s text book	10:35
Ms2ger Also, look like links	10:35
mars alispivak, teoli, IIRC the content title hierarchy did come up in our earlier call, I know if he's on the bug yet	
chrismills	10:35
Ms2ger: good point	10.25
teoli	10:35

alispivak: +1	10.25
teoli mars: which call?	10:35
chrismills But the hierarchy differences do need a kick in the ass.	10:35
fscholz yup	10:36
chrismills h2+h3 in particular	10:36
teoli Once settled, it will likely be an easy fix.	10:36
sheppy Yep	10:36
alispivak ok, we're agreed on that one.	10:36
mars teoli, MDN visual design call	10:36
mars alispivak, +1	10:37
teoli	10:37
mars: never heard of this! teoli	10:37
alispivak: +1 teoli	10:37
mars: is there a summary of the decision taken in that call? sheppy	10:37
We need to open up, or better publicize, more of our meetings. wbamberg	10:37
yes, I would suggest something stronger than asking UX what they think – we did already do that I think. We've had a lot of feedback about this (h2/h3).	10:38
alispivak	10.30

yeah - I'm not on that call either	
trevorh [trevor@moz-D21C16C0.lnse1.woo.bigpond.net.au] entered the room.	10:38
trevorm [trevor@moz=b21C10C0.mse1.woo.bigpond.met.ad] entered the room.	10:38
teoli	
wbamberg: \o/	10:38
sheppy	
I agree with wbamberg something has to be done with those headings to differentiate them.	
I think the only question, and it may be rhetorical, is whether or not to put a line	under
h2. U	
Waldo left the room (quit: Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.87-7.1450hg.fc19 [XULRunner	10:39
24.0/20130916094533]).	
Mc2gor	10:39
Ms2ger No	
teoli	10:39
So bug 912967 -> [NeedsUX] ?	
alispivak	10:39
l've asked Sean to make changes and put it as launch blocking	
sheppy	10:39
alispivak: excellent	
teoli	10:39
alispivak: \o/	
	10:39
alispivak and marked it as [needs design]	
copied UX as well	
mars, handing that off to you $\stackrel{\bigcirc}{=}$	
bug 912967 ^	10:40
mars	
thanks	10:40
davidwalsh	-
Can I jump in quick? We spoke with Sean this morning	
e spoke man sean and morning	10:41

teoli davidwalsh: sure!	
sheppy davidwalsh: of course!	10:41
davidwalsh Sean would like, as I mentioned in an email last week, one document on MDN that contained all the blocks we need styled She's over the moon happy to do it So as soon as you provided him one big doc with all of those things, his number 1 priority is getting you the styles and modules you need	10:41
teoli davidwalsh: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/User:teoli/In_content	10:42
davidwalsh drops mic	10:42
teoli Still have to add a few	10:42
davidwalsh That's it?	10:42
sheppy Yeah, teoli's been working on it. It's mostly done, but not quite yet.	10:42
davidwalsh OK, well, as soon as that's done, Martell will make all of our dreams come true	10:42
teoli I still have to add: banners, badges and a few tables.	10:42
davidwalsh So don't file tickets, etc. Just hook him up with that	10:42
teoli davidwalsh: He will get it tomorrow when he starts working.	10:43
davidwalsh \o/	10:43
teoli	10:43

(I know it took me more time than expected to put this page together)	
davidwalsh	10:43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co6WMzDOh1o	
sheppy	10:44
	10:45
alispivak ok. moving on – there area lot of accessibility bugs	10:45
sheppy One might say there ARIA lot of accessibility bugs	10.43
davidwalsh	10:45
Color / contrast related	
sheppy	10:45
rimshot	
davidwalsh quits	10:46
davidwaisii quits	10:46
chrismills it's a sensitive ARIA to discuss	
it's a sensitive Aria to discuss	10:46
alispivak sighs	10.40
sheppy bows before chrismills's genius	10:46
teoli	10:46
The ally bugs worried me a bit: they have the most potential to lead to large am	ount of
work.	10:46
sheppy alispivak: other than color things, what do we have?	
teoli	10:47
As said by Jeremie, a lot of problems have been avoided thanks to davidwalsh wo with very good practices.	rking
So we are not that bad.	10:48
sheppy	10.40
yeah	10:48
teoli	10.40
Kinou from ubuntu-fr made a report (in french) that I translated into bugs	

(with [a11y] at the beginning)	10:48
alispivak there are also a lot of duplicates of those I am working on organizing them	10.40
teoli alispivak: yes! Sure	10:48
alispivak the main question is: are these launch blocking?	10:48
teoli Likely some, unlikely all. The search box on the home page being not enough contrasted is likely to be a pro-	10:49 oblem 10:49
davidwalsh The Dojo Toolkit had some sort of JS or CSS-based logic for finding out if the user using some sort of contrast helper	
sheppy I think contrast things are generally possibly blocking, and the rest mostly not.	10:49
alispivak this has been reported by several people the seach box not having enough contrast, that is	10:49
davidwalsh I'll look for that, but otherwise, we may need to shift some colors around	10:50
teoli Maybe, once bugs organised, we should need to have davidwalsh to estimate the amount of work for them (like: trivial, easy, medium, hard)?	10:50
openjck We talked about the search box with Sean today. He feels we should leave it as-is, least for the beta.	10:51 at
teoli alispivak: yes, and it was said to be a major request from the UX survey in February	10:51 /
teoli openjck: we are speaking about the launch now	10:51
openjck One possibility is to add a magnifying glass icon, but beyond that he feels confider	10:52 nt

with what we have, again at least for the beta.

teoli: My fault. To be clear, I mean he wants to keep it that way for the /duration/ of the beta, and recommends we take another launch after the full launch.

10:53

alispivak

the request from people opening the bug is to have more contrast in the search box 10:53

chrismills (My ACTION is done: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=926312)

10:54

firebot

Bug 926312 nor, --, ---, nobody, NEW, The content column is too narrow

10:54

chrismills

Another problem is the all caps in the search box. A few people have complained about that being confusing

10:54

davidwalsh

chrismills: That was fixed long ago

10:54

teoli

chrismills: is it still the case?

10:54

openick

Might be best to circle back with Sean on that, then. From what I have heard he wants to keep it that way, but we can keep the conversation going.

10:54

teoli

davidwalsh: +1

10:55

sheppy

chrismills: thanks

10:55

chrismills

davidwalsh: oh, I am sorry.

I just checked it



10:55

I never saw all caps in the search box but I don't use it often, since I tend to browse to my content.

10:55

chrismills

A few people at the summit complained about it, so I assumed it was not fixed....silly me.

10:56

alispivak

background on the topic to identify the most important ones to be addressed teoli: can you have the person who reported the original bugs give priority on the	m?
teon. Can you have the person who reported the original bugs give priority on the	10:56
teoli alispivak: I can!	
davidwalsh If someone can take screenshots of the ally contrast issues, and better yet tell us tool(s) they use, that would make my life	10:56 the
alispivak ok, I'll let you know when they are grouped	10:57
teoli ACTION: teoli to ask Kinou to give priority to a11y bugs	10:57
mars teoli, it might also help if they are tagged: I think there is a bugzilla keyword, too?	10:57
chrismills	10:57
davidwalsh One thing though - the hit area of the magnifying glass button should high as the search bar, not just the magnifying glass height. Is there a bug for that That's an ally issue	
mars davidwalsh, +1	10:57
sheppy nods	10:57
teoli Three priority: P1=Must (content not accessible), P2=Should (content accessible bedifficult to reach/see), P3=Other	10:58 ut
alispivak teoli: did you see davidwalsh request?	10:58
teoli alispivak: which one?	10:58
alispivak about screenshots/tools?	10:58
teoli alispivak: oh I missed it, yes I can. Some bugs already have a screenshot, btw	10:58
	10:58

ok - i'll group the accessibility bugs together, and then I will need someone with

alispivak	
ok, we only have a few minutes – any other bugs we need to discuss?	10:58
teoli ACTION: teoli to provide screenshots for all constrast issues	
alispivak	10:59
this one? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=926308	10:59
firebot Bug 926308 nor,,, nobody, NEW, People find the change language button a bottom of the page confusing	it the
teoli	10:59
alispivak: this is a big problem.	10:59
alispivak	
and/or https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=926304https://bugzilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=926304https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=926304https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=926304	
teoli	10:59
The problem is:	10.50
firebot	10:59
Bug 926304 nor,,, nobody, NEW, Choose language should not be hidden be the gear button	etween
alispivak	10:59
eek	10:59
teoli	10.33
we have two language widgets And they don't behave the same	
alispivak	11:00
one is for the page framework and one is for the content, I beleive	11:00
teoli	11.00
I can describe the behavior of both and circle back to habber for feedback?	11:00
alispivak but it is very confusing	
teoli: I think that is a good idea	11.04
teoli	11:01

CTION: teoli describe behavior of both language widget and ask habber for feedback	
mars	11:01
alispivak, think they should be blockers, or should we make the decision after ux feedback?	11.01
teoli	11:01
We should make them block for now. We can remove a blocker at any time	11:02
alispivak yes - I think the language ones are blockers, especially the page language being hi	
davidwalsh	11:02
So there was some code that ensured the bottom page lang thing worked with the wiki — I patched that for the redesign yesterday and a PR is in FYI	
	11:03
sheppy I agree that having the language picker hidden in the gear menu is a mistake.	11:03
alispivak davidwalsh excellent	11.03
alor statements.	11:03
davidwalsh Sorry, it looks like it's been merged So it may be live now	
And It	11:03
davidwalsh: cool so I can look at this tomorrow	11.04
alispivak ok!	11:04
	11:04
sheppy Yeah, it works. Would be nice to have similar at the top of the page though	11.04
alispivak	11:04
one last bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=917263https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=917263https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=917263https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=917263https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=917263	
Simple of	11:04
firebot Bug 917263 nor,,, nobody, NEW, Redesign: Folder indicator icons in zone n seem backward	av

alispivak

gah.

I've heard this from a lot of people

that the arrows point the "wrong" way and it isn't intuitive to click on them to open the content

thoughts?

sheppy

I agree.

davidwalsh

Ask Sean, I used the arrows he designed

sheppy

They're very awkward.

davidwalsh

How can up and down be "very awkward"? 😃

teoli has no opinion on this.

sheppy

They're totally different from all other places I've seen disclosure arrows.

davidwalsh

Where?

sheppy

Typically, unopened disclosable content has an arrow pointing to the right, and pointing down when open.

davidwalsh

Regardless, if they need to be flipped, that's easy

sheppy

I've never seen them done this way before, and they confuse me because of it.

The pointing up is something I've never seen, personally.

chrismills

They are not that bad, IMO, but the convention is usually to have a right-pointing arrow when closed, and a down-facing arrow when open, no?

sheppy

chrismills: yes

11:05

11:05

11:05

11:06

11:06

11:06

11:06

11:06

11:06

11:06

11:07

11:07

	11:07
chrismills I think following this convention would clear up the issue	
sheppy The up-pointing arrow throws me off; I don't know what to make of it.	11:07
alispivak i agree ok, I'll update the bug and mark it as a blocker	11:07
davidwalsh	11:08
File a ticket and I can update	11:08
alispivak we're a bit over time - anything else	
	11:08
mars davidwalsh, would it help if sheppy reviewed the fix before you land it? Could sa some rework and PRs if it needs more than one round of work.	ive
davidwalsh acts like an old carmudgeon	11:08
	11:08
alispivak davidwalsh: will do	
sheppy hugs davidwalsh	11:08
davidwalsh	11:09
mars: Not unless he has a working kuma instance I just need a decision so I don't have to do it more than once	
mars +1	11:09
	11:09
alispivak davidwalsh will do that	11:09
sheppy I have two, actually, but I don't know enough yet about how to do stuff in them to try	
patches. The arrow thing, yeah, all we need is the upward arrow to be changed into one pointing right.	
	11:09

alispivak

ok, I'm going to close this meeting out. We'll meet againn ext week, same time

	11:09
sheppy Everything else is good there.	11.00
davidwalsh I should teach sheppy how to create PRs so I never have to touch the WYSIWYG aga	11:09
	11:09
davidwalsh ducks	11:10
sheppy alispivak: one thing I personally feel that the lack of highlighting of the current in the zone nav is a problem.	page
alispivak ah, yes	11:10
sheppy	11:10
I think that should be considered a blocker ,personally, but I know we're trying to k the list small.	сеер
alispivak	11:10
what bug is that? I'm less worried about small, and more about making sure the site is usable	
wbamberg left the room (quit: Quit: wbamberg).	11:11
alispivak	11:11
and davidwalsh is happy and users are happy	
teoli	11:12
alispivak: are you making a summary of the decision/actions on dev-mdc? alispivak: and an invitation there for more participants?	
alispivak yes, I will	11:12
plus a transcript of this IRC chat	11.10
davidwalsh sheppy: URLs in the subnav need to be updated to reflect the zone alias	11:12
alispivak	11:12
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=926853	11:12
firebot Bug 926853 nor,,, nobody, NEW, [Zone navigation] Intrazone navigation is	

difficult because the side menu doesn't show where we are.	11:12
alispivak sheepy ^?	
chrismills baaaa	11:12
sheppy alispivak: yes	11:13
alispivak heh	11:13
sheppy	11:13
alispivak: that's the bug I'm talking about	11:13
davidwalsh Otherwise the dev team needs to try to track multiple urls for the same page	11:13
alispivak anyone else want to weigh in on that bug?	
davidwalsh Doesn't seem performant	11:13
alispivak	11:13
davidwalsh: yes, that is an action item for the content folks wbamberg [wbamberg@72E5E524.950B4F14.DF4B730F.IP] entered the room.	11:14
davidwalsh	11:14
What I will try to do is get the URL lookup in the editor to broadcast the zone url if doesn't already	it
teoli alispivak: I think it is an important bug, we need to dig more in it. Maybe loop habl	11:14 per
alispivak	11:15
ok thanks everyone. I'll send a summary out on the mailing list as well as post in the redesign wiki	
chrismills	11:16

night night folks.	
chrismills left the room (quit: Quit: Off to find beer and rock and roll).	11:16
	11:17
teoli alispivak: good meeting.	
davidwalsh	11:21
Supposedly this (https://github.com/dojo/dojo/blob/master/hccss.js) let's me determine if the user has high contrast mode on	
sheppy	11:21
Yep, sounds good	11.01
davidwalsh	11:21
So we can modify colors for that	11:21
sheppy Er, yep, good meeting, with I think good outcomes and action items.	
	11:22
teoli sheppy: yes, but we still have a lot more bugs to get through: there will be more blockers appearing in the next couple of weeks.	
sheppy teoli: yes	11:22
	11:22
teoli sheppy: Not that I have any in mind right now	
sheppy	11:22
of course	
But we're doing pretty well	11:25