Scribed by Mike
OKR Check-in (miketaylr)
System-addon workflow documentation (denschub)
It appears like we're having a bit of a hard time discovering all relevant docs, and sometimes miss steps. Do we have ideas on how to improve the docs to make them more useful to everyone?
- dennis: it's probably better to postpone this agenda item until karl and tom are back.
Updated Fenix Nightly (ksenia)
- ksenia: the updated Fenix Nightly doesn't have the Report Site Issue feature, and is probably affecting the number of reports we're getting.
- dennis: It should be there.... but it's not? We're in this phase where we have 2 Fenix builds. If it's not fixed when the migration is over, we can look at it. Everyone is confused.
- mike: Is there a release date?
- dennis: there is a document somewhere, you probably have access.
- mike: how confident are you this will get fixed?
- dennis: I've checked the source, and we do a release channel check which checks for beta and nightly, and enables the reporter accordingly. I'm pretty relaxed about the situation, there's a lot of fenix features that do the check as well. If it's somehow not fixed, it's not too difficult to fix ourselves (for everyone). Maybe a day or so to write a patch. Right now I think it's a broken build config issue. Right now they're Fenix Release builds, which is causing the confusion.
- mike: cool.
- dennis: Code for checking the channel is here: https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/fenix/blob/a0d9cdc450bd8b2f9d970e3490d5ce4e990b126d/app/src/main/java/org/mozilla/fenix/components/Core.kt#L99-L101
Two Minutes ( 👹 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the last two weeks. * Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. * Keep it short. * Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Cipri: PTO at home
- Dennis: Vacationing!
- James: More GeckoDriver stuff. Started writing a blog post for hacks on WebDriver BiDi
- Karl: (sick!)
- Mike: Jumped in some rivers.
- Oana: (PTO)
- Sonia: (sending in some PRs against webcompat.com <3)
- Thomas: (PTO)
PTO / Travel ( 👹 )
(no more travel until the end of 2020… probably) Coming holidays across the world https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/ 2020-07-20 to 2020-07-24: Oana PTO 2020-07-20 to 2020-07-24: Tom PTO 2020-08-04 to 2020-08-07: Ksenia PTO