Scribed by James
🐘 in the Room (miketaylr)
Mike's last day is Monday September 21, 2020 💣. What does that mean?
- Ioana: Joins with a cool background.
- Lonnen: Thanks Mike, you're the best. (Mike wrote this)
- Lonnen: After Mike's last day, we've asked Karl to step in as the interim manager. We will request a backfill, which should take weeks not months. Once that exists, if someone is interested in trying to manage the team. But we want this to be an opportunity for anyone who has interest to interview for the role. On the order of just a few weeks we will try to get to a more permanent status. Otherwise, no anticipated changes to the structure to the team. Most of this year has been a surprise to me.
- Lonnen: I am on PTO this whole week, but I will do my best to respond to people. Email is the best way, I will respond.
OKR Check-in (miketaylr)
FYI: Use GeckoViewExample for remote debugging if Fenix is broken (dennis)
- dennis: Just a FYI, in case you're not aware. You can build GVE from your mozilla-central copy (just run `./mach bootstrap` and tell it you want to build for Firefox for Android). GVE has remote debugging enabled, and it doesn't get out of sync with your Nightly builds! Android components also has a demo browser. Might need patches to do anything interesting, so ask developers. Fenix is more complete, but gv-example might be good enough, and is just the engine, so can isolate which layer a bug is in. Also useful for diagnosis without a phone, since it's easier to run in emulator.
Two Minutes ( 👹 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the last two weeks. * Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. * Keep it short. * Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Cipri: Moderation/Triage, Sitewait issues re-check
- Dennis: A bit of work on breaking WebExtension APIs in GeckoView, a bit of maintenance work on the interventions addon, a bit of diagnosis and outreach.
- James: Talked to the DOM team about testing. Got annoyed by testdriver not supporting multiple windows. Went to some meetings about the MDN Developer Needs Survey
- Karl: diagnosis. Learned a couple of new things doing WPT stuff. Quite cool. It's fun. Dived a bit deeper into bugs on bugzilla because of wpt. Handling a couple of stuff related to upworkers changes at Mozilla. More kayaking. More bicycle. Reading and discussions. Wondered if we should test nightly with deltaMode returning pixel by default, so we can evaluate the carnage.
- Ksenia: PTO and setting up new project for the outreach template tool
- Mike: Went Kayaking, got some water on my phone. ;--;. Lots of handover tasks. Doing virtual school.
- Oana: PTO (mostly home) and back to triage and a bit of research on editors.
- Tom: Landed v15 of the compat addon into m-c and a-c, with patches made for the various sub-bugs. Meetings galore for ETP shims, which are now aiming for 83. Saw a lovely hiking/camping park. Was heartened to see the family doggo wanting to go out on walks again. Now just a bit tired due to all sorts of road work going on outside my house.
PTO / Travel ( 👹 )
(no more travel until the end of 2020… probably) Coming holidays across the world https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/ 2020-09-07 to 2020-09-11: PTO Oana