Scribed by Thomas
End of the Quarter 2021Q1 (karl)
Round table. Let's see what you have done this quarter and what you plan to work on the next quarter.
- James: Feature work for platform tests to help with debugging the tests. I have started to look how we use web platform tests. And try to find if there are missing features. How to encourage devs to produce more tests.
- James: We made a spec PR for implementing navigation for BiDi Spec. We agreed on the design for implementing the BiDi protocol in Gecko.
- James: MDN Survey followup on what are the solutions are testing.
- Oana/Raul: Webcompat bugzilla issues triage has been done. We did site interventions for 3 runs. And we will be starting a new round on April 1st. We did manual testing on learning platforms. End of every week with 0 issue is at risk with the new iOS reporting. And a bit of accessibility testing of webcompat.com
- Ksenia: I figured out how the ML bot works. I have added github support to BugBug. We will need less maintenance work for the future.
- Karl: Coordination with higher management on compatibility. Talking to Google about compat issues. Tried to become a better manager ;) Formalized work inside the web compat team. Please voice complaints, if not to me then to Joe Walker.
iOS triage (SV)
We started received a lot of iOS issues. Currently we manually triage them (Vysor does not help and we did not find any other tool atm) and it takes longer then Android issues. We only have an iPod-iOS12 and an iPhone-iOS 13 (personal device) that we are using. Since we don't have an iPad, whom should we address the specific issues (if they are not reproducible on iPod/iPhone/RDM)? We'll be monitoring the remaining iOS issues every week (18 left last week on Friday).
- Karl: is it umanageable? https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/firefox-ios/issues
- Oana: it's a lot now.
- Karl: most of them seems to be related to Firefox iOS User agent detection. They identify Firefox, and they think it's too old, because the version number is too low.
- ksenia: Thomas might work on porting SmartBlock to iOS and there is a possibility of adding overrides.
- james: Stats on the kinds of breakage seem interesting. We probably can't fix much, but if there are a lot of UA issues maybe we need to consider changing the UA. If there a lot of issues that are about the WebKitView we are able to use that could be interesting. https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/iy0237/youtube_pip_works_perfectly_on_firefox_for_ios_14/ https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/firefox-ios/issues/8232
FYI: Needs Diagnosis (karl)
The needs diagnosis dashboard is on its way up, we should be careful. http://webcompat-dashboard.herokuapp.com/needsdiagnosis So any special effort to change the tide is appreciated.
Two Minutes ( 👹 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the last two weeks. * Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. * Keep it short. * Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Dennis: (PTO)
- James: MDN testing report conclusions. WebDriver BiDi implementation design. wpt usage script improvements.
- Karl: Started to work on a script to analyze differences with a 100 version user agent string. Diagnosis. Some fun ones. Some reviews, deployments.
- Ksenia: Added github support for bugbug, diagnosis, enjoying the warm weather
- Oana: Triage & Moderation (lots of iOS). Educational sites testing. 18km hiking and 24km biking and in between gardening.
- Raul: Triage and Moderation (Keeping up with the new iOS feature). Trying to close the snowboarding season as late as possible.
- Tom: (Absent, sick today) SmartBlock launched to positive reviews, yay! Also did some diagnosis, and began planning for iOS support on SmartBlock and future features.
PTO / Travel ( 👹 )
(no more travel until the end of 2021… probably) Coming holidays across the world https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/ June 22-26 (TomW, PTO)
FYI: 2021H1 Ideas (karl)
Let's keep this around so we have a reference. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w3_AU4ZYJJLSkqOW5j_6K49JxmutEsxcpsiwHXz8Tbw/edit?usp=sharing