Scribed by Thomas
Browsers are being wrongfully recognized on iOS (SV TEAM)
We've seen this issues where the browsers used are being recognized wrongfully: Identified as Firefox when they are actually Safari (from the Screenshot-iOS): https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/75986 https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/76007 https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/76454 https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/75817 Also, regarding the labelling of iPad issue by the ML Bot, do you think that these issues will help us improve the situation ? Seems that the BOT identifies the label correct now, but not the browser. https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/75969 https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/75355 https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/75300
- karl: The content has @extra_labels: browser-firefox-ios and @reported_with: mobile-reporter for some of them, which means they have been reported with Firefox iOS. What I suspect is that people detect an issue with Safari, take a screenshot, then go to firefox ios for filing the issue. Probably because the report site issue button is a thing.
- karl: this makes me wonder if we should do web extension for Safari. https://developer.apple.com/safari/extensions/ https://developer.apple.com/documentation/safariservices/safari_app_extensions
- karl: for ipad, the labels is what is important. As soon as firefox ios 34.1 is released mid-june, there will be an additional device-tablet label. To have the proper Browser/Version: we need to override this. It could be possible to do on the client side or the python application side probably.
Diagnosis auto-assignment is now live! (denschub)
With a few key differences compared to what we discussed: - It's completely based on GitHub Actions, not an external bot. - It avoids assigning issues to people if they can't work on it (for example not assigning Firefox Reality issues to Karl, ...) - It allows for weighted load balancing: I volunteered to to more diagnosis than usual, while Karls schedule is super busy already, so that's reflected. And a few caveats: - The action depends on the `browser-` label to be set correctly, so it can decide if an issue can be worked on by Mozilla staff or not. - This is based on a weighted random number generator, to make implementation easier. It might feel a bit unfair occasionally, but over time, things will even out. Configuration, with weights and available devices: https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/blob/master/.github/mozilla-diagnosis-loadbalancer.yml
- Code: https://github.com/webcompat/mozilla-diagnosis-loadbalancer Please poke denschub if anything goes wrong, or if you don't like it, or if you have any other thoughts!
Two Minutes ( 👹 )
The useful, the silly, the things you did since the last meeting. Pro and Perso accepted.
- Dennis: Writing a GitHub Action. Looking at needsdiagnosis issues. Working on a hardware project that does justice to my overengineering.dev domain. :)
- James: Convinced WHATWG and wpt to move from IRC onto Matrix. WebDriver-BiDi patches for reload and traverseHistory. Some correctness fixes for shutdown handling in geckodriver. Fixed some stuff for wptsync including New Relic accounts.
- Karl: Diagnosis. A bit of webcompat.com coding. fixing things here and there. Patch for Firefox iOS and Firefox. Fixing our tasks for next quarter. Pumpkins have made wonderful orange/yellow flowers in the garden. I need to take weeds out with a space suit because of mosquitoes.
- Oana: Moderation and Triage, Sitewait verification. The plants are growing, the weather is warmer finaly. Had a little PTO time to recharge my batteries.
- Raul: Moderation and Triage, Sitewait verification, just realized that after I've set up my balcony terrace (the side facing the SUN), my plants are sensible to direct sun-light...
- Thomas: Assorted end-of-quarter stuff, doing my best to land phase 2 of shims (almost there). Covid vaccine today! YAY!
PTO / Travel ( 👹 )
(no more travel until the end of 2021… probably) Coming holidays across the world https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/ June 21-25 (TomW, PTO) June 21-25 (Dennis, PTO) June 25 (Karl PTO) 2nd and 5th of July (Raul PTO) June 28 - July 2 (Webcompat Team Wellness day)
FYI: 2021H1 Ideas (karl)
Let's keep this around so we have a reference. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w3_AU4ZYJJLSkqOW5j_6K49JxmutEsxcpsiwHXz8Tbw/edit?usp=sharing