Compatibility/Meetings/Sync w Karl

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

January 11 2022

Happy New Year !!!

[FYI] OKR Q1 2022 tasks (SV)

We've added our OKR tasks and started executing them https://github.com/mozilla/webcompat-team-okrs/projects/15

oana: if you have anything else in mind please let us know.

Product Team Proposal testing (SV)

We've created our accounts (Mozilla addresses), we just need access to the features under test.

karl: I'll ask Karen

Interventions/UA Override verification (SV)

Currently there is no OKR task for this, should we create one and continue checking them manually until the automation test suite is up and running?

oana: I've talked with Tom, and he was working on the automation test suite, but stumble upon some problems with to 2f authentication/phone code verification/geo-location (which seem to be harder to automate). Probably these cases will be done manually.

karl: automation test suite is almost done, but some issues will need to be verified manually, so yes an OKR task can be added for reference

about:compat - SmartBlock Fixes verification (SV)

A new section is available in "about:compat" - "SmartBlock Fixes". Should we consider doing some verification for that section too?

karl: no, the privacy team should own what they do. It is manual work there.

oana: I've discussed with the SV team that works on Tracking Protection part, and they are not checking "SmartBlock Fixes" issues

oana: we could consider adding an OKR task for this, to perform verification once a quarter.

karl: I'll talk with Tom and Ethan

Alexa.com ranking retire (SV)

Since Alexa.com will be shut down (May 1st, 2022), how will this impact our project? Are we going to use a different service?

karl: we have a task about this and we need to rethink this strategy. https://github.com/mozilla/webcompat-team-okrs/issues/249

karl: probably we'll find similar services

Webrender enabled by default (SV)

We have noticed that Webrender shows as enabled now, regardless if the settings for Webrender (are enabled or disabled (boolean set to true: gfx.webrender.all & dom.webgpu.enabled).

raul: For issues that have the WebRender label, should there be a change in our approach?

karl: no need to test with the changed setting.

[FYI] New devices Android 12 (SV)

SV mobile team can give us an Android 12 device for testing.


December 14 2021

Issues that are reproducible using other browsers, and not when using Firefox (SV)

Should we keep the same approach for issues that are reproducible using other browsers (as the ML BOT does not auto-assign people when the milestone is changed to `needsdiagnosis`)?

karl: we have 3 options:

1. don't triage
2. triage but don't diagnose them, point out to someone who works on that browser (e.g Chrome - Mike Taylor)
3. triage and create an add-on to open a bug on the specific repository 
Created task: https://github.com/mozilla/webcompat-team-okrs/issues/246

raul: investigate the number of issues coming from Firefox and the rest of vendors, since that also affects the number of Needsdiagnosis issues

karl: indeed, we need to better understand how many bugs from each browser vendors, and their versions and platforms

Created task: https://github.com/mozilla/webcompat-team-okrs/issues/247

Testing account needed (SV)

Are there any news about our testing account for Product team proposal task? We've checked the email but there was nothing related to it. We could also use our Mozilla accounts, if the testing account is not preferred.

karl: no news yet

karl: we can discuss with Karen more info

karl: I'll create a slack channel for it

iOS versioning (karl)

The iOS version number will reach a similar number as Android version of Firefox

karl: iOS Firefox Daylight is planning to align with Fenix starting in January 2022 with v96

karl: iOS Firefox Release will not have "Report issue" button - less issue probably.

[FYI] PTOs

Oana: 20-22th, December

Raul: 24th, December & 29th-31st, December


November 16 2021

2022 Planning (SV)

We've added our proposal for 2022 as discussed.

https://github.com/mozilla/webcompat-team-okrs/projects/15

karl: waiting for all the team members to add their OKRs task untill the end of the week and we'll discuss them after

Site intervention verification (SV)

We'll be performing the 2nd verification for Interventions/UA Overrides on the 17th of November.

The 3rd verification will take place on 22nd of December since the soft freeze Firefox Release 97 is scheduled for 2022-01-06.

Based on the OKR task https://github.com/mozilla/webcompat-team-okrs/issues/199, there is no Bugzilla issues created for the Firefox 97.

karl: I'll create the Bugzilla issue.

Product Team proposal task (SV)

Based on the document provided, should we start investigating and create a testing plan or we should leave this for the first quarter in 2022.

karl: let's wait for access on the SV test account and discuss it after

Webcompat Roadmap document (SV)

We had a document with all the team tasks for 2020.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hjlAfVK2W1Y3E4Jr8aDG_ikwacZt2wNi0qGceKnyIrw/edit#heading=h.94q8e5sloqvw

Should we revive & update it or we have enough documents and tracking places for this?

karl: I'll look over it and see if it needs to be revived.

Webcompat Team log (SV)

We've added all our work each week on the Team log document, but we haven't seen much activity on it from the rest of the team. Should we continue adding our work there or not?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15ONn602MHXzuhCl5c2ODo5xmdDNnYUzJ9ptGsJTd-8E/edit?skip_itp2_check=true#gid=876973640

karl: we'll discuss it in the our channel

Enable/disable Firefox v.100 (SV)

Is there a config pref that can be switched of to enable/disable Firefox v.100 experiment?

oana: I found that `nimbus.syncdatastore.firefox100.firefoxVersion` set to `0` is for latest Firefox Nightly 96 and if it is set to `100` it is for Firefox Nightly 100.

Could you confirm this is the correct pref?

karl: talk with C. Peterson for more details.

oana: it is the correct pref (confirmed on slack)

karl: Fyi the experiment will continue on Firefox Dev Edition too

[FYI] PTOs (SV)

Oana: 18th-19th of November

Oana: 29th of November - 3rd of December

National Holidays: 30th of November and 1st of December


November 2 2021

Issues reproducing just in Private Browsing Mode - Fenix (SV)

For some issues that are reproducing in Private Browsing mode and in Firefox Focus, but not on the regular build of Nightly, where should we log this kind of issues? (In Webcompat repository, the Focus repository, etc)

karl: this is similar to ETP, so ask Tom

OKR Q4 checklist (SV)

What do you think about our OKR Q4 proposal from the tasks dashboard?

https://github.com/mozilla/webcompat-team-okrs/projects/14

karl: manual testing, I'll talk with product team and figure out what feature/top web sites is worth being tested, I'll keep you in the loop

Firefox v.100 (SV)

We did received some issues related to Firefox v.100. How is the experiment seen overall?

oana: I have an older profile that received v.100 and a new profile with v.95, so I've been checking sites on both versions.

karl: all good, we don't receive many reports

2022 Planning (SV)

We've started considering some OKR tasks already.

karl: add them to the new dashboard https://github.com/mozilla/webcompat-team-okrs/projects/15

karl: after discussing with product team, we'll add new tasks


October 19 2021

Chrome - Safe browsing (SV)

Chrome also has a Tracking Protection system now chrome://settings/security

Should we also test compatibility between Firefox and Chrome in regards to Tracking Protection?

karl: no, ETP in Chrome has different implementation then Firefox, so no need to focus on this part

Adding labels to ETP issues on Bugzilla at the "Project Flags" section (SV)

Should we add any status for "Webcompat priority"? (e.g "?") when reportin a bug in Bugzilla?

karl: ask Tom (ETP/Privacy team is working on this part)

OKR Q4 checklist (SV)

We've added our OKR proposal to the tasks dashboard.

https://github.com/mozilla/webcompat-team-okrs/projects/14

Let us know if there is something else we need to work on besides this.

karl: I'll look over it tomorrow

karl: we need to figure out if we drop the iOS reporting and testing. I'll keep you in the loop

Firefox v.100 (SV)

We did not received any new issues related to Firefox v.100, so we'd like to check also if it really works, by testing top Alexa 50 sites.

karl: the experiment needs to be restarted

karl: postpone our testing for after the experiment

Firefox Focus ETP issues (SV)

Since we are going to report Focus ETP issues on Bugzilla, which type on protection should we consider (Strict/Standard)? We only have ETP enabled or disabled.

karl: consider it as Standard

2022 Planning (karl)

We should start planning our work for 2022.

oana: we'll start this.


September 21 2021

Firefox Version 100 experiment (SV)

How is the experiment going?

oana: from our side, we don't see many issues logged with Firefox version 100. Could this be an indicator that not many sites are broken or that not many people are testing and reporting the issues?

karl: it seems to be working, but indeed there are not many reports

karl: it seems the experiment is only for Desktop

karl: I will talk to Chris about it (if there are special requirements for people to get Firefox 100)

raul: in `about:studies` the Firefox 100 UA is active for all users, even if we still have Firefox 94 UA

Request info from users - Bugzilla Triage (SV)

How should we handle issues from Bugzilla triage when users that we have requested info from do not reply, but they remove the "need info" tag?

E.g. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1183994

karl: close as usual if we can't reproduce


August 24 2021

Firefox version 100 Testing (SV)

We were thinking of checking a few sites using the Firefox 100 UA to make sure everything works correctly.

At the same time we are planing a volunteer event, probably in October, where they can test different sites using the UA string (we'll will provide guidelines for them).

The event will probably be a week, but volunteers are welcome to continue testing until Firefox reaches version 100.

Probably a test Party will be held in SV with the same objective. What do you think about this plan?

karl: that sounds nice, but wait until version 94 is released

karl: there will be an experiment (one month/one release) where Nightly users will get version 100

karl: if we get too many issues (thus too many sites broken) the experiment will be stopped and a different approach will be taken in consideration regarding the versioning

karl: pref change will be inside Firefox Nightly, can be switched off when needed

UA Overrides and Interventions dashboard missing (SV)

The link https://arewehotfixingthewebyet.com/list/android-components used to display the list of current interventions and overrides, but now it redirects to Wiki page

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Compatibility/Interventions_Releases#Currently_Released_Interventions/

The dashboard was really useful for us when performing the verification.

karl: Dennis removed it, talk with him about it

oana: I've talked with Dennis and he will create a similar dashboard for the next round of verification

UA Overriding on Slack testing (SV)

Dennis asked if we would be interesting in testing this.

Bugzilla issue: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1626121

Webcompat issue: https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/82623

Should we schedule a testing session using Chrome UA to test Slack video conferencing?

karl: talk with Dennis for more info (what is expected from the test)

oana: I've talked with Dennis and he will keep us in the loop and provide the necessary info for testing in 2-3 weeks


August 10 2021

Culture Amp goals (SV)

Do we need to add goals to https://mozilla.cultureamp.com/performance/teams or this is just for Mozilla employees?

karl: no need, this is mostly for Mozilla employees to have visibility on their performance and goal achievement

karl: for SV team tasks are available in the OKR dashboard

Beta versions of mobile OS (SV)

We have received a few issues that occur on OS that are in beta version (iOS 15, Android 12). Should we keep telling the users that the beta versions are expected to fail and that there is nothing we can do until the release version is out, or should we follow a new approach?

karl: approaches:

 1. put them on the waiting list - to review it later when the new iOS/Android version is released 
 2. tell them to reopen it if it is still reproducible when the new release is available.

raul: approach 1 - issues will pile up,

raul: approach 2 - probably the issue will not occur on the new OS, but if it will the affected users will reopen the old issue or report a new one

WebCompat team internal logs (SV)

We've added the progress for week 30 and 31 in the document.

Should we have a separate tab per person or we can go simply with SV?

oana: preferably we should have a tab for the SV team - and we'll add our weekly progress and highlights there

Do we need to add all the issues we worked on for Triage/Moderation/Investigation/Verification?

oana: we have daily status that we add to our internal tool every day, should we add that here too?

karl: add the most important things in the highlight tab (how many issues/finished a task/blog post/test party)

Hulu account (SV)

We don't have an account to test and can't seem to use Alex's account (it is blocked).

oana: he does comment on the issues if pinged, but it would be useful for us to have an account

karl: I'll talk with Alex.

[FYI] PTOs (SV)

Oana: 30th of August - 3rd of September

Raul: 6th of September - 17th of September

Mozilla: 27th of August Wellness day

Karl: 30 of August - 31th of August


July 27 2021

OKR tasks check (SV)

We already started some of the OKR tasks that we proposed, should we continue working on them, or are there other tasks we should look into?

karl: yes, keep working on them, I'll let you know if something comes up

Performance profile recording (SV)

As discussed we should use the Firefox Profile add-on in order to record performance profiles on desktop (less noise). What about for mobile?

oana: currently we use to record performance profile from "about:debugging" page. Should we continue doing that?

karl: continue using "about:debugging" for mobile to record performance profile

karl: if we have any questions about performance profile we can contact Florian Quèze @fqueze on GitHub. fqueze@mozilla.com, he is more than happy to have 1:1 meetings to discuss about this topic

karl: there is a meeting "Joy of profiling" where people discuss about different profiles

Past meetings: https://mozilla.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Sessions/List.aspx#query=%22joy%20of%20profiling%22

Web Apps Space (SV)

As seen in this issue: https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/81214, do we or did we had any files/activity here? If so, is there anyway we can help the user?

karl: I've added a comment to the issue

karl: I did a bit of digging and was able to find some references to Libre Office

ETP issues Android & iOS (SV)

When we stumble upon ETP issues that are no longer reproducible using Android (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1635111 - closed), but are reproducible now using an iOS device, what procedure do we follow here? Do we submit a new ETP bug or do we comment find the findings on iOS on the already submitted ETP issue for Android?

karl: add a comment that it is reproducible on iOS now and also needinfo Tom and Johann Hofmann about it

[FYI] PTOs (SV)

Oana: PTO on 29th-30th of July

Raul: half day off on 30th of July


July 13 2021

[FYI] OKR Tasks (SV)

We've added the QA tasks we are going to work on in Q3. https://github.com/mozilla/webcompat-team-okrs/projects/14

oana: we'll add others tasks if the time permits (Accessibility testing, UA Override creating practice)

oana: let us know if you have other tasks for us

karl: I will check them out

2021H2 Goals (SV)

Based on the email sent by Karl ("2021H2 Goals for the Webcompat Team") are there any action items we should take or is it sufficient to just keep our tasks on the dashboard?

karl: I will check OKR dashboard and match them with Jira issues

karl: I will ask for more info if needed for new/extra tasks and also talk with Joe and explain the need to work on them

Performance Profile meetings (SV)

As discussed at the team meeting, we'd be interested to learn more about this, so we could better identify and understand which issues are related to performance.

karl: I'll have a meeting with Patricia on 21th of July and tell her we are interested

karl: I will keep you in the loop

Github add assignee (SV)

I've tried to add Raul assignee to the OKR task, but without success. He is not available in the list (maybe no permissions?). e.g https://github.com/mozilla/webcompat-team-okrs/issues/201

karl: it seems that Raul is not a member of the Mozilla org

karl: I'll fix that later

ML-bot help (SV)

ML-bot auto-close issues on moderation really helps with our work.

oana: we can now focus on other tasks too, we already started two OKR tasks

karl: Ksenia is still working on it to improve it.

karl: thank you for providing the list of issues that could be auto-closed by the bot

[FYI] PTOs (SV)

PTO: Oana - 14th of July

PTO: Karl - 16th of July


June 15 2021

[FYI] iOS devices available (SV)

We received an iPad Mini and an iPod both with iOS 14.

ML bot for unmoderated issues update (SV)

We wanted to make sure if the bot fully works on unmoderated issues or it is still work in progress?

We've seen some progress https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs-private/milestone/15?closed=1

karl: please file an issue for Ksenia to improve the ML bot (to close more invalid issues with examples)

karl: I'll talk to Ksenia about removing automatically the porn sites issues

Issues from Tai0011 - Github user (SV)

We keep getting issues from this user, but with random/poor/not useful details. We asked for extra details but there was no response from her.

Is she a spammer or she just reports everything?

Her profile: https://github.com/Tai0011 is a bit strange.

karl: looks like a bot - user blocked

Hulu account (SV)

We received some time ago the credentials for Hulu account, but we no longer can access it.

We've have an issue on Hulu, and pinged Alex if he can reproduce it on his side.

https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/75519

oana: it would be nice to still have access to the account. Is there a way we could ask him about this?

oana: I suspect he no longer renewed his subscription, but it would be good to know for sure.

oana: I sent him an email

karl: if no account is available, we'll ask in Mozilla for a test account

[FYI] PTOs and National holiday

oana: I'll be on PTO on Friday June 18th

National holiday: June 21st

karl: No Mozilla meetings between June 28th - July 2nd


May 18 2021

iOS devices (SV)

Currently we have an iPod with iOS 12 and Raul's personal iPhone with iOS 14.

Do you considered we should request for iOS devices since the iOS issues keep comming?

karl: less issues when the patch will be released

oana: you can also discuss with Ioana and make a plan

Triage concerns (SV)

We are unable to triage all the issues every week. Also we should be starting the other OKR tasks.

Do you see any concerns about this?

karl: the volume of issues starts to be too big, we'll find a plan

karl: don't overwhelm yourselves


April 20 2021

ETP Issue with Facebook "Like" and "Share" button (SV)

Raul: I received a comment on an ETP issue I have submitted (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1702961) from a certain Albert. Is he right here?

oana: Should we no longer log issues related to social media buttons/bar?

karl: talk to Tom about the best way to do this.

Triage with ML (karl)

karl: Ksenia is working on the ML bot and there is very progress.

karl: ML help with moderation also (incomplete/invalid issues)

Weekly issues reported (karl)

karl: last week we had 714 and this week 682, so the numbers are sort of stabilizing

oana: more issues are reported in the weekend and after work ours


April 6 2021

Meeting time (SV)

Can we change back to 12-12:25PM Romania (18-18:25PM Japan) for the next meetings?

karl: meeting time changed.

OKRs Q2 (SV)

I've added the tasks that we'll be working on the next quarter: https://github.com/mozilla/webcompat-team-okrs/projects/13

karl: awesome

A11Y issues on Webcompat.com (SV)

We received a few issues:

https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/69033

https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/69034

How should we address this type of issues?

karl: non-compat issues, it is reproducible on all browsers

oana: point out to the Contact of the page or social media/forums

ML triage for iOS (SV)

Since we are receiving a large number of iOS issues, could we use ML to triage iOS issue also?

oana: it would help us a lot.

karl: progress visible on https://github.com/mozilla/webcompat-team-okrs/issues/194

[FYI] iOS triage tools (SV)

Currently we are doing some research on the tools that we can use to help us with triage

- [Doesn't work] Vysor (paid) - could not make it work for "Copy/Paste" URLs on Mac&iOS devices  
- [Stopped working] LonelyScreen (free trial) - AirPlay Receiver for PC/MAC
- [Works] Mirroring360 (free trial) - used for screen mirroring and screen sharing
- [Works] ApowerMirror (free trial) - 10 minutes per session- screen mirroring and screen sharing
- [Works] QR code scan address bar Chrome desktop - Firefox - for easy URL navigation
- Firefox Nightly RDM - most of the issues we encountered were not reproducible on RDM but were reproducible on real device

karl: maybe write a blog with this

karl: will talk with the iOS teams, maybe they also have some useful tools and info

Automation for interventions/overrides (karl)

Tom is working on Automation TestSuite and he will document the process.

karl: in time maybe Oana and Raul can add tests (upgrade skills)


March 23 2021

Project Inventory (SV)

We've added the SV tasks in the document, we could do a check-in.

karl: all good

oana: we'll continue adding new tasks when they occur

karl: for enterprise testing we could ask Mike Kaply (Adam's replacement) in an email and also CC me.

oana: we'll perform it in Q2

karl: Bugzilla issue clean-up - I will provide a search link for future use

oana: we'll perform it in Q3

[FYI] Devices for testing (SV)

We have the new devices: Google Pixel 5 and Samsung Galaxy A51. Thank you.

Updates on Intervention/UA Overrides automation progress (SV)

Are there any news on this?

karl: Talk with Thomas about it, he is working on a regression suite and can provide more info

ML closing issues with context (SV)

We stumble upon some issues that had context but ML bot closed them. https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/68362 and https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/68571 Based on what were these issues closed?

karl: Talk with Ksenie, it's good info that needs to be investigated

Firefox ESR issues (SV)

What would the best approach be for issues that are reproducible using Firefox ESR but not when using the latest build of Firefox Nightly?

karl: continue with the same process similar to any Firefox


February 23 2021

Non-compat or not? (SV)

We stumble upon an issue where the user installed different apps, changed configs and different apps crashed while performing some actions on Firefox.

https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/66838

oana: We consider this a non-compat issue, since on a clean profile performing those actions, no issues occur. We tried to replicate the environment with the free apps, but did not experience the crash on the installed apps.

karl: ignore it, it's non-compat definitely.

Performance (CPU, FPS) (SV)

We keep getting issues related to high CPU, lower FPS.

https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/67296

https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/67286

Are there any tools/add-ons similar to Chrome on Firefox? What we found on the internet for Firefox seems to be outdated.

karl: if the issue is reproducible, record a performance profile and also log it on Bugzilla (if not already reported) in Core / Performance and add at Tracking section: Project Flags: Webcompat Priority ?

karl: if the issue is not reproducible, ask the user (if not anonymous) for more info (record a performance profile) otherwise close as Worksforme.

Project inventory proposal (SV)

We've check the document and came up with a few extra tasks that could be added, from our point of view.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MYfnLULs4Wsdr6Ank0QsyB3Ys77Q_vG4G2_klpDhjz0/edit?ts=602dfd6b#gid=0

- Exploratory testing on educational sites/locales/webapps/code editors/communications channels etc.
- Bugzilla clean-up (etp/unconfirmed issues) 
- Webcompat clean-up (sitewait/needsdiagnosis/needcontact)
- Shim testing

karl: yes add them there with the corresponding info

Shim testing (SV)

Are there any ways we could help here? Is there is a list of issues we should look over?

karl: Talk to Tom. Shims just landed today.

SEO on webcompat.com (SV)

I've check webcompat.com using a SEO checker and there are some things that could be improved.

https://freetools.seobility.net/en/seocheck/check?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwebcompat.com%2Fissues%2Fnew&crawltype=1#redirect

Do you consider this useful, should I log an issues for this type of improvements or separate one for each?

karl: add a general issue related to this, and it will be addressed when extra time is available.

Devices for testing (SV)

Are there any news regarding any new devices for testing (maybe a Pixel 5)?

Karl: send an email with the devices we think we need for testing.

Japanese education site testing (SV)

Were you able to find any Japanese educational sites that we could test on?

karl: there are only paid ones, which would be relevant for testing, but I'll continue looking.


January 26 2021

Hello Raul, Goodbye Cipri (SV)

Our new member Raul (a little introduction).

Goodbye Cipri, and thank you for your awesome work, contribution and patience. May good luck be with you wherever you go :D

TSCI re-check (SV)

Should we still perform this task every week?

I've checked the metric document and there was no update since last year.

karl: no more interest in it, so drop it

Shopping survey (karl)

karl: maybe a survey on shopping sites, might be some Testing involved, but not enough info yet

[FIY] ETP - Strict Desktop issues (SV)

We were asked to check all ETP issues, that we verify/encounter, with Strict protection and update the issues accordingly.

oana: we started doing that

Devices request (SV)

Is there any budget for new devices for our team or should we continue using what we have?

cipri: our devices are too old, so no new Android updates are available.

karl: possible to get some new devices Android 10/11

Concerns about Cipri's leave (SV)

Do you have any concerns about the project due to Cipri's leave?

oana: we don't see any problems at the moment, but we will let you know if anything occurs.

karl: no, all good

Ramp Up Raul (SV)

Required:

- Request LDAP credentials
- Add person to Webcompat internal Google Calendar
- Add person to webcompat org 
- Add person to mozilla org 
- Add person to mozilla wiki (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Special:RequestAccount)
- Add contributor on webcompat.com site (https://webcompat.com/contributors)

karl: I will take care of this asap


January 12 2021

[FYI] UA Overrides/Interventions verification (SV)

We've performed UA Overrides/Interventions verification and found 4 that can be removed.

oana: as soon as the OKR is in place we'll add the results there too

karl: the new project for OKR planning is in place https://github.com/mozilla/webcompat-team-okrs/projects/12

karl: OKR added https://github.com/mozilla/webcompat-team-okrs/issues/181

[FYI] 2021H1 Planning (SV)

We've added our proposal in the 2021H1 Planning document

karl: we can add the new Q1 tasks in reserve column and it will be prioritized.

What does 2021 bring in terms of testing (SV)

Are there any new or specific tasks that we should be working in 2021?

karl: TBD (Features that are being worked on (e.g Print) - maybe test some sites where the feature is quite important)

Webcompat project (Karl)

karl: new manager maybe, dependes on priority

webcompat.com improvements (All)

What can we do? Thinking of ideas.

cipri: a lot of invalid issues, issues with lack of relevant/little info, but ML bot helps with some of them

oana: maybe move "Description" under "URL" field and make it mandatory again

karl: we could check the numbers of issues before "Description" field was mandatory and after

karl: Ksenia will start working on ML bot soon


December 15 2020

List of Issues with no milestone (SV)

I tried to check the issues on Github that have no milestone and I kept getting an error.

URL: https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+no%3Amilestone

I saw the correct page only once (10 issues shown) and luckily I made a screenshot and now those issues were verified.

I've created a ticket on Github (https://support.github.com/ticket/personal/0/935694) and the problem is being investigated.

I've got a reply:

- Thanks for contacting GitHub Support!
- I believe the issue here is the large size of this repository causing the timeout, as I can see there are over 63k issues in that repo.
- Loading the issues page without the milestone filter loads, however, so I'm going to reach out internally to see what is happening here.
- An alternative approach while we look into this would be to pull a list of issues with no milestone using the API. You can see our API docs about issues here: 
- https://docs.github.com/en/free-pro-team@latest/rest/reference/issues#list-repository-issues
- As soon as I have an update I'll let you know.

I tried to compose the link, in order to get the issues which have no milestone, but without luck (`no milestone` has no ID, like the rest of the milestones).

Could you provide us the link so we could investigate the remaining issues, if any?

Karl: https://api.github.com/repos/webcompat/web-bugs/issues?milestone=none = Working most of the times (sometimes it gives Server error).

This is failing too https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues?q=is%3Aissue+milestone%3Aneedsdiagnosis+label%3Aengine-gecko+sort%3Acomments-asc except if you remove label.

Re-test Bugzilla issue with patch (Oana)

I was requested to re-test an issue where a patch was provided.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1675578

Do I need to apply the patch (and if yes, how can I do that, since it is not an .xpi file).

If the patch is already in the latest Nightly I will re-test it asap.

Karl: Ask dennis to provide a build.


November 17 2020

Issues reported by users with screenshot (SV)

We received an issue from an user, having a screenshot containing explicit content. https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/61752

We removed the screenshot, but we were wondering if the user should be banned or at least give him a warning about not posting this kind of content?

karl: user was banned (had 2 inappropriate issues)

Issues still displayed as "In the moderation queue" even though they have been moderated (SV):

- https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/61829
- https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/61827
- https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/61823

November 3 2020

Wiki pages editing without authorization issues (SV)

Some user were able to edit Wiki pages without authorization. What should we do with these issues?

karl: Report them in Bugzilla https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/form.web.bounty

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Websites

- product: websites
- component: wiki.mozilla.org

Link them to the webcompat issues (for more details).

(FYI) Increase number of issues (SV)

The number of issues increased but there is no need to worry, we can handle them

October 20 2020

Old certificate issues (SV)

For site that have old certificates, Mike asked us to lable them with "type-unsupported-tls", move them to Needscontact and to ping him. That is the reason we ping you now.

Do you consider we can close them as non-compat if the problem occurs on any browser and only ping you in case it is only reproducible on Firefox?

karl - move issues to Needcontact only if they are reproducible on Firefox, otherwise move them to Non-compat (reproducible on all browsers)

2020Q4 - needstriage on Webcompat Bugzilla (SV)

We were wondering what is the action item in case we find a reproducible issue from the list https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=dorem&remaction=run&namedcmd=needs-triage&sharer_id=473918

Action items:

Issue is reproducible:

- add corresponding Keyword (Details): webcompat:need-diagnosis / webcompat:need-contact /  webcompat:need-contact-ready / webcompat:need-site-wait, similar to webcompat issues
- (Tracking) add status "affected" to Firefox version (Optional)
- add steps to reproduce if not available (for easy diagnosis)

Issue is not reproducible:

- change Status (Tracking) from "Unconfirmed" to "Resolved" -> Invalid / Worksforme
- need info Karl or the reporter for extra details on the issue, or when we don't understand it

Notes: skip [Meta] bugs

October 06 2020

OKRs proposal (SV)

All the cards are in place both reserved and planned https://github.com/mozilla/webcompat-team-okrs/projects/11.

Should we discuss each?

Are there any tasks for us from upper management?

karl: task cards are all good

karl: will check the name of the educational platform used in Japan

karl: ETP shim talk directly with Tom, an come up wit a plan (maybe also help with confirmation of fixed issues)

karl: new task from upper management - not yet, work in progress, will be news during the quarter

oana: reserve: manual testing on social media TikTok (video playback)

Tasks that require testing (SV)

If there are issues that require testing (see also issues, mozregression) feel free to loop us in, and we will gladly help out.

karl: will do so

1:2 meeting proposal (SV)

We could have this meeting every other week when there is no Team meeting in the week.

karl: sure

September 29 2020

OKRs tasks planning for Q4 (SV)

We have a list of tasks that we want to propose for Q4, should we directly create cards for them here

https://github.com/mozilla/webcompat-team-okrs/projects/11 ? or discuss and make a plan what to keep and what to skip.

Karl: Yes, add all the proposed items as cards.

Finish every week with 0 untriaged and 0 unmoderated bugs (SV)

This was proposed last quarter by Mike, in order to see if we can handle all issues by the end of the week. Since the number of issues was not high, we successfully managed to triage and moderate all of them.

Should we continue monitoring this progress?

Karl: we can continue monitoring and ask for help when needed.

Previous Sync meetings with Mike