We had a small meeting for 20 minutes with Lawrence (lmandel), Abdul (haseeb) and Karl.
Thanks Adam (karl)
- karl: As you may know now, Adam was on a 6 months contract with Mozilla. He finished last Friday. Mozilla Web Compatibility activity thanks him a lot for all his work, and new ways to help us and deal with issues. Big Thanks Adam, hope we will see you on the IRC channel and the list.
- karl: I wanted initially to share a design, but then I thought I was doing it wrong and putting the cart before the horse. Basically the design has to be driven by what people want from it. So I have started to ask questions on the list to see if we can define on what is AWCY for people using it.
- lmandel: It seems to have become a kind of a big tool. but we need to figure out who want to use it and what they will do with it. talking about gamification or some way of measuring progress for themselves and possibly against other locales. if the site is for new contributors it will likely need to be a simpler interface to start. perhaps just a more guided interface.
- karl: There are now two places that I need to check. Should we find a way to merge Bugzilla and webcompat.com so that there is a single place to track issues.
- lmandel: We need to show progress on the bugs.
Q3 webcompat goals
We haven't set quarterly goals in the past. These are a way to share what we're up to with others and with ourselves. Should we set Q3 goals?
- haseeb: +1
- lmandel: We have goals in the release management and it has been useful. We came up with specific series of _measurable_ items on what we should release and when.
- karl: having targets such as products is a very good idea. Plus it gives a good feeling when we can achieve our goals.
- lmandel: yes that was part of my ideas.
- haseeb: I personally like that too.
- lmandel: we can have goals for volunteers too. It's not an employee thing it's a team activity.
Topic: Broken Voices of the Web
Check the Planet Web Compatibility for the community news. Here a few posts lately published.
- 2014-07-08 - A blog post about window.controllers being removed from then re-added to Firefox.
- 2014-07-03 - Mediaqueries need space to be successful
Topic: Web Compatibility Progress
FIXED (no DUPLICATE)
- es.qdq.com doesn't display mobile version in Gaia browser 2014-07-06 FIXED
- dafiti.com.br doesn't recognize B2G UA as mobile 2014-07-06 FIXED
- wikihow.com sends desktop site to Firefox OS 2014-07-01 FIXED
- pagseguro.uol.com.br doesn't recognize B2G UA as mobile 2014-07-03 FIXED
- (SummitRacing.com) - Serving WAP to Firefox on Android 2014-07-03 FIXED
- www.nasdaq.com sends desktop site to Firefox OS 2014-07-03 FIXED
- Google Play - Navigation overlay obstructing most of the app-pages 2014-07-02 WORKSFORME
- espn.go.com doesn't recognize B2G UA as mobile 2014-07-07 FIXED
- Kohls ad drag to reveal doesn't work 2014-07-06 FIXED
- m.rpp.com.pe can’t play a video 2014-07-01 INVALID
- HTML video playback for NeuLion video player (NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, UFCtv, Premier League, etc.) 2014-07-06 FIXED
- Si.com doesn't display slideshow content properly on Firefox OS and Firefox Android 2014-07-01 INVALID
- bestbuy.com shows up small and to the upper left 2014-07-02
- RottenTomatoes.com doesn't server mobile content to Firefox OS 2014-07-02
- espn.go.com sends simplified site to Firefox OS 2014-07-07
- smart.mail.163.com redirects Firefox OS to desktop login page 2014-07-07
- airfrance.fr sends desktop content to Firefox OS 2014-07-08