Compatipede Future (Mike)
Let's discuss our future plans with Compatipede.
- mike: I wanted us to discuss how we currently use compatipede and how we might use it in the future.
- hallvord: so far, we haven't used it a lot. compatipede 1 is running now quite nicely, it collects a lot of data. we've never made anything to present that data. it does give a "pass/fail" status for sites. but it's noisy and a minor thing may fail a site. it would have been a lot more useful if we had made a UI to present the data and do some processing. status for compatipede 1 is that I occasionally run it. it's able to grab the sites from awcy.com (in theory). in practice, it hangs at some point during a run of the 4000 sites. it currently needs more debugging.
- hallvord: compatipede 2, one of the differences is it's on node.js, rather than python (v1). it runs remotely. the cool thing is that you can request different rendering engines (slimer vs phantom) and run JS against those. i've tried to stress test a bit, but the server has been up and down. it hangs a bit more often than compatipede 1. it needs some considerable debugging and some kind of daemon to kick it when it gets stuck. needs to be open source.
- hallvord: i've been developing on my own some slimerjs scripts that run through sites and power awcy.com. it wouldn't be too much work to develop this further into screenshots, etc.
- mike: what is the main point of compatipede? what are we using it for?
- hallvord: i'd like to have a service that can pick up URLs from bugzilla, github, etc., take screenshots, comment on bugs. that's the place i would like us to get to. a certain amount of automated analysis.
- mike: so currently nothing depends
- ACTION: hallvord to email seif and connor about compatipede 2.
- ACTION: mike to organize a meeting with lawrence and hallvord about compatipede and the needs or not for platform.
UA override server (karl)
The UA override server is not synching with the list since I-do-not-know. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1132734
- karl: How do we prevent this problem from regressing again?
- brad: You probably want to add a manual test for QA to check on each release.
- ACTION: Karl to send an email about ua overrides to compat list.
Some discussions around compatipede
Broken Voices of the Web
- 2015-03-23 - Intent to Ship: Upgrade Insecure Requests.
- 2015-03-20 - Intent to Implement : Navigation Error Logging
- 2015-03-20 - Listing Discouraged Web Features (was (blink-dev) Intent to Deprecate and Remove: Window.offscreenBuffering)
- 2015-03-19 - Intent to Deprecate: Attr child Text nodes
- 2015-03-19 - Intent to Ship: 'First-Party-Only' cookies.
- 2015-03-19 - Intent to Implement: GeometryUtils
- 2015-03-18 - Intent to Ship: 3rd Party Install Tracking
- 2015-03-18 - Intent to Implement and Ship: WebAudio: AudioBuffer copyFromChannel and copyToChannel
- 2015-03-18 - Site Compatibility for Firefox 39
- 2015-03-18 - Intent to Deprecate: CSSKeyframesRule.insertRule()
- 2015-03-17 - Intent to Implement: CompositorWorker
- 2015-03-17 - Last week in blink intents
- 2015-03-17 - Intent to Ship: Unprefixed CSS Animations
- 2015-03-17 - Intent to Deprecate and Remove: Document.getOverrideStyle()
- 2015-03-17 - Renaming your window.Request global
- 2015-03-16 - Intent to Ship: CSS Scroll Snapping on Desktop
Web Compatibility Progress
FIXED (no DUPLICATE)
- 2015-03-16 Desktop skandiabanken.no missing horizontal main menu bar after online banking login WORKSFORME
- 2015-03-16 Mobile science.edu.sg sends broken site INVALID
- 2015-03-16 Mobile mytransport.sg sends desktop site to Firefox OS INVALID
- 2015-03-17 Mobile axs.com.sg sends desktop site to Firefox OS INVALID
- 2015-03-17 Mobile fairprice.com.sg sends desktop site to Firefox OS WORKSFORME
- 2015-03-17 Mobile orange.fr serves different mobile content to Firefox Android and Chrome Android WORKSFORME
- 2015-03-18 Desktop *.tu-berlin.de is RC4 only FIXED
- 2015-03-18 Desktop bookbrowse.com is RC4 only FIXED
- 2015-03-19 Desktop British Gas Top Up, RC4 Only https://britishgastopup.paypoint.com/ WORKSFORME
- 2015-03-20 Desktop Google Inbox has overflowing/overlapping content in Amazon purchase summaries & email subject-lines, due to implied minimum size of flex item FIXED
- 2015-03-20 Desktop https://www.licadho-cambodia.org - worked fine, now throws a ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap error FIXED
- 2015-03-20 Desktop shadertoy.com is RC4 and Camellia only FIXED
- 2015-03-20 Desktop (www.)pretzellogix.net is RC4 and Camellia only FIXED
- 2015-03-20 Desktop www.inboxtech.co.za is RC4 and Camellia only FIXED
- 2015-03-20 Desktop https://www.creatroninc.com ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap FIXED
- 2015-03-20 Desktop Some Bluehost / HostMonster hosted servers (*.unifiedlayer.com) are RC4 and Camellia only FIXED
- 2015-03-23 Mobile axa.com.mx sends desktop site to Firefox OS FIXED
- 2015-03-17 Desktop https://liaison.mon.service-public.fr/ ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap error
- 2015-03-17 Mobile onemap.sg doesn't work on Firefox for Android
- 2015-03-18 Desktop billingcp.us is RC4 and ECDHE-RSA-3DES only
- 2015-03-18 Desktop https://myaccount.teksavvy.com/ is RC4 only
- 2015-03-18 Desktop Citi credit cards https://cardupgrade.citi.com ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap
- 2015-03-18 Desktop ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap on watch.sportsnet.ca
- 2015-03-18 Mobile Reserve America site main content does not load FxAndroid
- 2015-03-19 Desktop www.children.org is RC4 only
- 2015-03-20 Desktop cashier.wangyin.com returns SSL 3.0 ServerHello for TLS >1.0 ClientHello
- 2015-03-20 Desktop xyk.cebbank.com returns SSL 3.0 ServerHello for TLS >1.0 ClientHello
- 2015-03-20 Desktop OCSP stapling for www.metrodate.com is misconfigured
- 2015-03-20 Mobile mobiletv.rec.orange.fr serves mistakenly WAP content to Firefox OS/Firefox Android
- 2015-03-21 Desktop ssl_error_bad_mac_read on https://www.boutique-programme-voyageur.sncf.com
- 2015-03-22 Desktop netbanking.yesbank.co.in is RC4 only
- 2015-03-22 Desktop overclockers.co.uk is RC4-only
- 2015-03-23 Desktop ebank.db-pbc.pl is RC4 only
- 2015-03-23 Desktop ebank.khb.hu is RC4 only