- 1 Minutes
- 2 Broken Voices of the Web
- 3 Web Compatibility Progress
Webcompat.com dev and Process (karl)
Let's keep the process clean and/or revise the process. I have seen a couple of merges without reviews recently.
- karl: This has been solved a bit by hallvord contributing to the documentation. There will be still things to fix along the way.
- miketaylr: yes it's better we discuss things before changing them.
Getting webcompat running on Windows (mike)
- Hallvord: It's not that hard, you just have to remember to add it to your path (via the installer)
- Mike: Can you leave comments in the bug, I will try to reproduce and write docs.
- Abdul: I will test on Windows 7 as well.
Webcompat.com Commit and PR Messages (mike)
Let's try to have issue numbers in commits and "Fixes #NNN. Blah" in PR titles. This will help out the script I'm going to write to automate our CHANGELOG updates (and make the manual entries easier when it fails). example:
Commit: Issue #235. Adds ability to do some part of cool thing. Pull request title: Fixes #235. Adds ability to do meta cool feature thing. '''
- mike: I'd like to automate. To be easier, the commit number becomes very important. Follow this process.
- hallvord: Does the contribution guide cover the "fixes nnn" thing for PRs?
- TODO: mike, check if "fixes number" in PR is documented.
Talk in Japan (karl)
Heads Up: Giving a talk about Web compat on November 15, 2015.
- karl: Mozilla Japan asked me to speak at an even they're organizing in Tokyo. 200, 250 frontend designers. Asked to speak on the work we've done on Japanese sites, and common problems and how to fix them.
Update on Compat spec junk (mike)
- mike: I will be attending BlinkCon. They have a special session on the second day on interop. Other browsers vendor are welcome. Daniel Holbert landed things for prefixes, just the naive stuff (not gradients, flexbox). Anne added something to MatchesSelector into the DOM spec. see bugNumber. Roc submitted patches and a proposal spec for innerText. Suggested to submit this to the HTML spec. Boris Bzarky said it should be pushed to other specs.
- karl: I really wish someone would tackle the max-width problem. There's a growing number of them.
- Next week karl is in Sapporo, Japan for W3C TPAC http://www.yr.no/place/Japan/Hokkaido/Sapporo/long.html
Broken Voices of the Web
Web Compatibility Progress
FIXED (no DUPLICATE)
- 2015-10-13 Desktop SSL_ERROR_WEAK_SERVER_CERT_KEY when connecting to Webmin interface FIXED
- 2015-10-17 Desktop www.amica.com is RC4-only FIXED
- 2015-10-17 Desktop ebank.rcbcy.com is RC4 only FIXED
- 2015-10-19 Mobile Keyboard doesn't stay open when trying to input text on mobile.jetblue.com site WORKSFORME
- 2015-10-14 Desktop Google drop-down buttons (on e.g. App-specific passwords page) have awkwardly-large focus outline, due to abspos child
- 2015-10-15 Desktop The connection to nsgreg.nga.mil was interrupted while the page was loading
- 2015-10-19 Desktop redemption-press.com is RC4 (and Camellia) only
- 2015-10-19 Mobile Facebook.com serves lower-res assets to Fennec and B2G than Chrome Mobile