Drumbeat/events/Festival/program/Open mic for open content
Open content open mic
- Contact: Mary Lou Forward (mlforward at ocwconsortium dot org)
- Team: Open Content Studio
- Status: confirmed
3 minute lightning talks about open content
What do you want to achieve?
- Learn what others may be doing to build, enhance, adopt and use open content
- Get and share some great ideas
Who should come? How many? For how long?
- People with something to say about open content - this is your big chance!
- Anyone who has interest in learning of more organic efforts going on around Open Content development
SPECIAL NOTE: Keep hacking and planning! We have extra space allocated to small organic sessions during and after our main sessions. Other OER experts will be on hand to discuss approachs, support users, and gather feedback and ideas. Feel free to work at your leisure on OER in this sub-space.
What will they do when they get there?
- Get three minutes to talk about what they're doing, their ideas, plans and dreams
- Hear other people deliver passionate, quick talks about open content
- Wow! That's a great idea! I can use that, or something like that.
- Make connections. Participate in a discussion around open content
What will you / they have at the end?
- Be informed about what people are doing in the open content realm
- Get feedback on your own work and ideas after you speak
- A video of your talk that can be shown on a laptop during the festival so that people who couldn't see you live can hear what you have to say
Additional background and context
Open Content is all about sharing. This is your chance to share in an unstructured way. Sometimes all you need is a few minutes to focus on your work to put it in perspective. Listening to a quick talk can spark ideas. Providing a snapshot into your work can stimulate longer discussions with others. You're the star - use the time to do what you think is important.