Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
Mihai, Ninu, Calixte, Marco, Julien, Ritu, Liz, Teodora, Philipp, RyanVM, Andrei, mtabara, Cristi, AlexSimonca, Sorina
- Beta2 (Fennec) was skipped due to top crash bug 1304777
- Beta3 (Desktop only) gtb 9/29
- (liz) Planning a system add-on update for 47.0.1 to detect websense (since many users never got the hotfix)
overall rate 7.70 (browser 2.03, content 5.68) Top Crashers: https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/topcrashers/?product=Firefox&version=51.0a2
- Bug 1205979 - Java plugin crash in mozilla::plugins::AssertPluginThread()
- The bug is marked as won't fix and it's a plugin crash. The volume is still growing. Any suggestions?
- Bug 1292923 - Crashes in igd10umd32.dll
overall rate 1.25 (browser 1.00, content 0.25)
- Crash in DisconnectSwitch/COIDTable::ThreadCleanup https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1294903 (5.5% of browser crashes)
- has diagnostic patch pending approval for beta
- Crash in std::list<T>::clear() from D2D1::EndDraw() https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1291084 (2.5% of browser crashes)
- under active investigation (only 64 bit, could be less interesting in release, where most users have Firefox 32 bit)
- Crash in IPCError-browser | (msgtype=0xAE0005,name=PNecko::Msg_PHttpChannelConstructor) Value error: message was deserialized, b https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1289001 (12.8% of content crashes)
- under active investigation
overall rate 0.95 (browser 0.77, content 0.19)
- malware-induced startup crash with chtbrkg.dll https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1290403 spiking again since yesterday
- module can't be blocklisted because it's a LSP & that would break connectivity
- maybe it would be helpful to mass-mail affected users in situations like this
- crash in adapt_probs (related to vp9 playback, youtube) https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1293996 rising in this release (0.5% of all crashes)
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [desktop] [Andrei] 50.0b2 signed off with no blocking issues.
- [desktop] [Andrei] WebRTC full duplex audio streams feature sign off on Mac OS X has just been completed. A detailed test report is underway.
- These tests will soon be repeated on Windows, as we've discussed with Maire.
- [desktop] [Andrei] We're currently working with Jim Mathies on a plan to test two new Flash features on beta - see https://bugzil.la/1283274,1305135,1271398.
- [desktop] [Andrei] Beta 3 Testday to be held this Friday - see https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/testday-20160930.
- [desktop] [Mihai] Responsive Design Mode tool will be enabled in FF 52 and it will be treated as a feature.
- Release tracking bug - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1296498
- [ninu] Fennec 50 Beta 2 signed of but not released due to Bug 1304777 - Crash in java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method void android.widget.TextView.setTextColor(int) on a null object reference at org.mozilla.gecko.home.TabMenuStripLayout.onPageSelected(TabMenuStripLayout.java) https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1304777
- [ninu] Fennec 51 Aurora was signed off last week - no major issues
- [ninu] All tests from MozTrap were transferred to TestRail
- Aurora is on Google Play ! \o/
- switchboard used to turn off the offline browsing feature on fennec 49 (several missed uplifts, users getting stuck in offline mode) 50 should be ok, though. (needs some testing to verify)
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
- Next Tuesday Oct 4 -- Please add your thoughts to the etherpad !