Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Shield studies
- 6 Stability
- 7 Performance (Thu)
- 8 QE
- 9 Performance
- 10 RelEng
- 11 Marketing/Communications
- 12 User Advocacy
- 13 Roundtable
- 14 Special Topics
- 15 Actions
jcristau, lizzard,kmoir, avaida, bsurd, elan, , jorge, ryanvm, ninu, ioana, Cristian, Alexandru, Timea, petruta,Roxana, mahe, Julia, Thomas, mboldan, oanah, adrian_sv, nicole, carmenf
- 55.0.3 gtb later today
- 56.0b6 gtb later today
- Quick review of shield studies or experiments.
- Is anything waiting for signoff or testing?
- Shield studies in flight: https://gregglind.github.io/x-shield-inflight-dashboard
awsy rate: 2.24 (browser 0.87, content: 1.37)
- New Nightly Bugs filed
- Dom Workers bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1393462
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1393328 - Likely an Apple bug, but needs follow up
awsy rate: 1.09 (browser 0.80, content 0.28)
- Explosiveness report: https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/release-mgmt/2017-08-23/2017-08-23.firefox.beta.explosiveness.html
- Beta rate is slightly higher than what was reported Tuesday
- New Beta 5 bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1393451
- Top Beta 5 bugs
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1389021 - Fix just checked in to Beta
awsy rate: 0.78 (browser 0.55, content 0.23)
- Not much new to report since Tuesday's meeting. The rate still looks good.
awsy rate: release 0.65, beta 0.92, nightly 9.29
- Filed new bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1393452. Need to figure out who to ni
- Fennec beta 5 just went out
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1340959 continues to be the top crash
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=760394 occupies the #2 and #3 spot in Beta 3
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1392716 is still at the top of Fennec nightly. Work is continuing and there are other bugs. The rate is still high because of this issue.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Mid-Nightly feature sign offs
- [Julia] DevTools system add-on - Waiting for Engineering to land the blocking bugs https://bugzil.la/1369801,1378397,1361080. The Mid-Nightly sign off will be most likely dropped due to the lack of progress on the implementation process.
- [Mihai] Mid-Nightly signoff for File read access restrictions (Linux) - missed
- [petruta] APZ keyboard and Autoscrolling mid-Nightly testing is almost done. No blocking issues so far.
Beta / Dev Edition
- DevEdition 56.0b5-build1 signed off (GREEN) - test report: https://goo.gl/mVUo5x | new bug: https://bugzil.la/1393434.
- macOS 10.13 "High Sierra" compatibility signed off (GREEN) - test report: https://goo.gl/v5xZjN | medium-impact bug: https://bugzil.la/1388343.
- let's escalate priority here for 56
- 56 Beta 5 signoff
- Nightly Check part 1
Features: - all green - new in Safe browsing - 58 atm
Also helped with Focus dot release
- thomas - feature testing for advanced layers?
- erin - safe browsing - seems to be in place in 56? erin will follw up with liz
- [marcia] Are we on track for Mid Nightly signoffs?
- [Rares] we'll be skipping 3 mid-nightly sign-offs: Date/Time Input Types, TPE DOM Storage, Async Places Transactions - all 3 have been considered low & medium priority features for Fx57 prioritization (can't accommodate them at this moment - might also skip pre-Beta sign-offs for these 3)
Working on Photon projects, Activity Stream mid-nightly sign-offs for Friday or exceptionally Monday
- onboarding proposed milestones for spec change
- sept 15 feature complete
- start testing sept 18 ( may end up with some beta uplifts later)
- nicole will send out email to release-drivers today