Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
- actions from last week:
- schedule and progress on upcoming releases
- review highlights and notices
- respond to questions and concerns
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- Beta 8 code freeze planned for Monday, 2010-11-22
Firefox 3.6 & 3.5
- Code freeze for 3.6.13 and 3.5.16 is TOMORROW, 2010-11-18 @ 11:59 pm PST
- Plan to ship 3.6.13 and 3.5.16 on December 9th
- All deliverable planned for this release (and a few extras, score!) were completed on time.
- Code was frozen Monday as scheduled, unit testing has been done on the trunk
- A couple of bugs were identified, all trivial and fixed on trunk
- An RC will be pushed to stage and tested tomorrow
- Release of 1.0a6 will occur on Monday (November 22)
- Final call for input on the 1.0a7 development plan!
- We had to adjust the overall theme (was focused on code editor mods) and delivarables for 1.0a7 given the pending merger of Skywriter and Cloud9's code editor.
- froze last Wednesday, November 10
- we are holding release to land beta blockers
- most remaining work is small or well underway
- one remaining test failure whose provenance is uncertain
- RC1 by next Wednesday, November 24?
- We're releasing tomorrow, 11/17
- Focusing over to a 2.1 release that will have ideas, copy user agent, siphon by device type for mobile firefox
Highlights / Notices
- User feedback summary:
|Plugin area shown in toolbars for Windows 7 users||125||bug 590568|
|Status Bar Removal||400||1332||bug 574688|
|Sync Icon Missing||30||not a bug|
|Not Supporting PPC||10||not a bug|
|Tuenti.com--Pages Don't load (Compartments?)||248||bug 601803|
|[Cannot Reproduce] Vkontakte Page constantly reloads and HTML5 Video isn't running||83|
- Plugins are now painted asynchronously on Windows. This could make performance and responsiveness on slow computers a lot better. bsmedberg wants testing from nightly-users. (bug 596451).
- In Firefox 4 beta 7 users on MacOS 10.5 (Leopard) cannot submit crash reports, and all crashes appear to be hangs/unresponsive Firefox. (bug 599475).
- Syed in Release Engineering has been making great progress on signing the OSX builds. Won't be ready for beta 8, but definitely before 4.0 final. We'll need some extra help from QA to verify this all works as expected. bug 400296