Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel
NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes
- Firefox 3.0.6
- Shipped, all's well minus the server issue RRRT reported
- Firefox 3.0.7
- With QA right now
- On track for shipping in early March
- Firefox 3.0.8
- Aiming for mid-April release
- Thunderbird 126.96.36.199
- Aiming for mid-March release
Firefox 3.1 Development
- full platform meeting notes available from yesterday
- down to ~10 outstanding blocker nominations, will keep this list triaged daily
- at 162 blockers without fixes for final ship, with an average find-fix rate of 20 blockers/week
- those blockers are being actively worked and pushed on while we wait for b3
Daily users (weekly average across versions)
- 3.1b2 - 380k
- Shiretoko - 12k
- Minefield - 8k
- tracemonkey merge happened yesterday to mozilla-central taking a lot of fixes
- still 2 largish issues to resolve there, we continue to push hard
- Firefox 3.1 Beta3 RRRT page is ready to go
- Top 3.1 issue is bug 475653 (Enter key doesn't work in address bar, AVG Safe search 8.0.2333). How do we get evangelism on this?
- 3.1b2 numbers up (17 users -> 22 users out of about 2000 users total)
- Mongolian landed during FOSDEM
- l10n-drivers started to talk about bottlenecks in current tasks and processes, initial ballpark could be 80
- Talked about potential collaborations between Silme and other FOSS l10n infrastructure tools at FOSDEM
- Financial Institution page is up. Please signup to test on Firefox 3.1 nightlies!
- Firefox 3.0.6 -> 3.1b3 Trial Run awaiting b3 builds first
- Testplan here.
- Firefox 3.1 Feature testing progress:
- Testplans (93% completed)
- Testcases (85% completed)
- 29 1.9.1 bugs verified last week
- New OS support
- Windows 7 beta VM is available for testing
- Now have a copy of Snow Leopard (OSX 10.6), in the lab
- Fx3.1 nightly Testweek (in progress)
Nothing from us this week.
- Tons of new Firefox 3.1 documentation over the last week; only one major article left to write (on selectors). Everything else is relatively minor updates to existing documentation.
- Working on other launch items with Marketing and need to review PR plan.
- 3.1 PR plan awaiting feedback
- 3.1 Reviewers Guide updates awaiting feedback
- 3.1 Features page near final; one more review post webdev hand-off; speed chart from TRO still needs another rev;
- "what's new" video - tentatively scheduled to be recorded 2/27
- planning to do a beta-3 start page snippet 2-3 days post-release (unless anyone objects)
- justin agreed to follow up with morgamic to ensure that we could throttle Major Update snippets on a per version / channel basis (to allow users to "Check for Updates..." to Firefox 3.1 on launch day, but not have the offer given to users who do not explicitly check) <-- This is bug 475145. Should that be marked blocking-firefox3.1+?