- 1 Public meeting note of Sep 18th, 2013
- 1.1 Gaia for Tablet
- 1.2 3rd-party keyboards framework
- 1.3 Simplified Chinese IME
- 1.4 Gaia build script
- 1.5 Window management upgrade
- 1.6 Gaia for qHD/WVGA
- 1.7 CDMA phone support
- 1.8 BT feature support
- 1.9 Internship mentorship: system app unit tests
- 1.10 Internship mentorship: eng. mode / show case app
- 1.11 TSOC mentorship: test coverage
- 1.12 ext. functional team update: media
- 1.13 ext. functional team update: comms
- 1.14 ext. functional team update: productivity
Public meeting note of Sep 18th, 2013
These are the features mainly driven by the Taipei teams, in co-optations with other teams in Taipei and around the world. We are not meant to take all the credit :)
Gaia for Tablet
- This week: most minimized tablet koi+ bugs are landed.
- In review: scroll up gesture to homescreen / replace FTU tutorial images / hide dialer via blacklist
- Need Gecko support:
- We are targeting the lowest risk approach and work with phone v1.2. So v1.2 Gaia will be adaptable to two form factors. We will only fix cases where the UI is broken.
- Here are a rough estimate for each apps
- Estimation is based on Firefox nightly browser, will update if it look different on master.
3rd-party keyboards framework
- Most work for user story has been closed.
Simplified Chinese IME
This is a v1.2 feature.
- bug 900906 - Wrap the pinyin engine with web worker to improve the user experience
- bug 906617 - Change Gaia keyboard app to use the new composition methods in IME WebAPI
- bug 908592 - Improve symbol panel layout of Pinyin IME
- bug 913397 - Make keyboard app support 1.5x graphics
Gaia build script
This is a v1.2 nice-to-have. meta bug and dependency
- See the plan.
- Modularization in progress.
- Build Gaia on Firefox extension, we still have some bug for this work and we plan to land it on next week.
- Will open up indiviual bugs for people for help out once the build script unit test framework is completed.
- Accomplished 4 build scripts to build modules on v1.2
- We plan to accomplish below tasks on v1.3:
- Customization Tool for homescreen based on firefox extension which is mentioned above.
Window management upgrade
Meta bug. This is a v1.2 nice-to-have.
- HomescreenWindow patch is backout-ed and then send another review now.
- Open/Close transition into AppWindow is under development.
- next: ActivitiyWindow
- no API changes (yet)
- Blocks v1.3 Sheet navigation + Browser integration to system
Gaia for qHD/WVGA
WVGA support is a v1.1 feature.
v1.1hd is dead, vendor will be shipping a phone on v1.2.
- John: many non-reproducible bugs being reported by vendor.
- We should only resolve what's reproducible on master
CDMA phone support
- non-Settings app items will be moved to Comms function team and Steve and Rex will help out.
- http://bugzil.la/891734 (CDMA OTSAP) is blocked on Gecko API
- QA cycle have started Fixing bugs submitted
BT feature support
- completed inline pairing
- completed adopting new bluetooth APIs in the settings app and the system app
- added A2DP status icon
Internship mentorship: system app unit tests
- Merged wifi testcase
- fixing bluetooth testcase
- airplane more test case
Internship mentorship: eng. mode / show case app
- Writing more test cases on the app.
- Unable to test hardware keys
- Will submit a WIP patch this week.
TSOC mentorship: test coverage
- screenshot https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=825913#c32
- Landed to gaia-master, also contribute back to blanket.js
- wrote an email to dev-gaia https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.gaia/M4RIyjZMjys
- Ricky gain the top prize from 29 teams in TSOC (3 top prizes of 29), plus 2 enterprise prizes.
ext. functional team update: media
- Working on Music v1.2 must-have features
- Inter-App Communication API is landed, started to land the related features
- AVRCP(1.0 + 1.3) for music app is landed and demoed in Oslo
- Introduced a new module in shared/js/media, remote_controls.js
ext. functional team update: comms
- Comms will be helping out CDMA issues for RIL team for non-Settings app issues.
- CDMA record information, waiting for spec, display message position etc.
- http://bugzil.la/881863 emergency callback need to build emulator to test (instead of actually calling the police)
ext. functional team update: productivity
- Clock app on-going, watching
- Integration test runtime to be move from B2G/Desktop to Firefox
- A Alarm API mock was made for testing E-mail notification