Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - 11:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95312
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95312
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95312
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95312
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- Warp Core Vidyo Room
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Roadmap Discussion
- 2 Notices / Schedule
- 3 Firefox Development
- 4 Firefox Developer Tools
- 5 Performance
- 6 GFX
- 7 JS
- 8 Layout
- 9 Video
- 10 DOM
- 11 WebAPI
- 12 Network
- 13 Identity
- 14 Plugins
- 15 Mobile
- 16 Accessibility
- 17 Tree Management
- 18 Security
- 19 Stability Report
- 20 Roundtable
- Firefox Roadmap - End-user facing features & performance
- The Platform Roadmap - Developer Facing APIs
- Developer Tools Roadmap
Notices / Schedule
- We are here on the schedule (.ics link). This is the time for speculative low-risk fixes on Beta and other less critical fixes prior to convergence in Beta 5 and Beta 6 (where we restrict what we land).
- We shipped Firefox 10.0.1 unthrottled last Friday (2/10). We're tracking a few issues post-release
- Our third beta for FF11 will go-to-build today, ship on Friday (2/17)
- Please take a look at bugs currently tracked for FF11's release
- If the bug no longer needs to be tracked, please fix the flags and comment to that end
- Please make sure to progress other investigations and email Alex if you're blocked
- Lukas Blakk (of RelEng fame) will be helping with Release Management triaging, tools work, and the ESR branch in the near future!
- Tim Taubert improved page thumbnail collection by implementing mozFetchAsStream() on canvas elements, to avoid an inefficient call toDataURL. Telemetry data shows that thumbnail capture times are pretty efficient, but there are non-trivial amount of cases where storing them in the cache is slow. Work on cache performance that the network team is doing might help with that.
- Frank Yan is working on a new revision of about:home (bug 711157), see screenshots there for the new look
- Felipe Gomes has added a TelemetryStopwatch module to make it easy to add front-end telemetry probes (bug 723561) - check out his blog post
Firefox Developer Tools
- Blog post about debugger landing here.
- Snappy weekly summary on Taras' blog
- Lots of frontend Telemetry probes are landing. See bug 671038.
- Some of this has already paid off in terms of us catching a tab animation regression in bug 724349.
- Plan to investigate switching our awesomebar searching from SQL to an FTS. If you are a text-search/tokenizer expert, perhaps you help us with bug 725821.
- Killing Firefox start-up inefficiencies on Windows. Check out the details on Brian Bondy's blog. Brian’s blog post contains tips on xperf, Firefox profiler, about:startup – read it.
- Olli has landed most of the cycle collector fixes. Telemetry shows a dramatic reduction in cycle collection times for Firefox 13. He and Andrew are investigating the remaining causes of long CC times.
- Vladan landed a dom storage fix that should reduce the amount of main thread SQL done by content bug 714964
- Snappy is a key Q1/Q2 goal. Please review Snappy bugs for your team and help kill these bugs.
- Building out OMTC / OpenGL Layers for native android.
- working being done on Maple
- ideally merging end of week
- Lots of preparation (testing/analysis) for unprefixing/emulating specific webkit CSS properties
- Fixing remaining Font Inflation P1 bugs.
- CSS flexbox support for absolute/relative -positioning children
- Graphite font support testing has started bug 631479
- Harf-Buzz text engine update landed bug 695857
- Fixing many "unnecessary invalidation" bugs to optimize B2G UI
- Youtube has started sending WebM HTML5 video to some (all?) users who don't have Flash. This increase in usage has turned up a few bugs and may impact crash-stats etc
- SPDY testing (on by default) on trunk is going well. We are not planning to turn it off (may ship with it on in Firefox 13) unless something serious comes up.
- We've started on our DASH (adaptive streaming) implementation for the video tag. Steve Workman and Jason Duell are leading this effort.
- Cache work is focused on reducing main thread locking right now. Nick Hurley and Michal Novotny are leading this effort.
remember to send comments/thoughts/suggestions regarding https://wiki.mozilla.org/Identity/BrowserID
- Patch for bug 501485 landed on inbound today: Destroy plugin processes after three minutes of not being used. Timer starts when the last instance is destroyed, is canceled if a new instance is created before it fires. Keep an eye out for any issues.
- Holding the release for OpenGL Layers on Android
- part of the mobile team supporting GFX on that project
- the rest concentrating on stability, bug fixes and profiling for perfomance
- Looking at updating Windows and Linux build servers for WebRTC & Camera API. bug 718031 and bug 697754; WebRTC alsa support requires libasound 1.0.14
- bug 711176 intermittent issues with stage
- bug 720006 wait times hit, waiting for dongles
- The Security team has reorganized!
Security Reviews Scheduled for this week
|Date / Time||Item|
|Mon Feb 13 / 13:00 PST||Marionette|
|Wed Feb 15 / 13:00 PST||AVAILABLE|
|THU Feb 16 / 10:00 PST||AVAILABLE|
|Fri Feb 17 / 10:00 AM PST||AVAILABLE|
General Meeting Details * IRC Channel: #security * Etherpad: http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/secreview * Vidyo: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=5XEMsG1ApA4b (Room 9058) * Dial-in Info (phone): ** In office or soft phone: extension 92 ** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 ** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 ** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 ** Conference num 99058
For updates to meetings please see the Security Review Calendar
- HTML: https://email@example.com/Security%20Review.html
- .ics: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/Security%20Review
Security Review Needed but Unscheduled
- Working on weekly crash newsletter.
- Meeting with Adobe tomorrow to talk about Flash bugs/crashes.
- Release out this week
- Per OS report
- bug 719943 - Java signature appearing in stack.
- Cycle collector bug fixed.
- bug 718389 - Startup crash @ PR_EnumerateAddrInfo | nsDNSRecord::GetNextAddr. A couple of options to look at.
- Orange Toolbar
- bug 726675
- Extension correlated(?) will look manually
- bug 726682
- Tracking FF 11 - http://bit.ly/yJ7bEV
- Tracking FF 12 - http://bit.ly/wLQdjO
- Top Issues currently assigned to nobody
- bug 723190 nsGfxScrollFrameInner::ScrollToImpl
- bug 723523 Crash in nsPluginInstanceOwner::CreateWidget @ nsCOMPtr_base::assign_assuming_AddRef | nsObjectFrame::PrepForDrawing
- bug 724355 Crash nsObjectFrame::SetInstanceOwner
- bug 704124 Firefox Crash @ gfxContext::SetSource
- bug 723133 Firefox 13.0a1 Crash Report [@ PluginWndProcInternal ] with Adblock Plus
- top crash list - http://bit.ly/tr4pBc
- Focusing efforts on Trunk mostly.
- Java crashes are getting fixed quickly.
- Looking at crashes per buildid to verify they are fixed.
- One day report - https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/topcrasher/byversion/FennecAndroid/13.0a1/1/browser
- detailed mobile report - https://wiki.mozilla.org/index.php?title=Mobile/Testing/02_15_12#Crash_Stats