- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
Being held this *Tuesday*, November 12th 19:00 UTC
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of the Tree
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Product Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Thanks to dkl and glob for fighting off spambots on Bugzilla all week.
Monday, 11 November
Tuesday, 12 November
- 1300 PST Security Champions on Vidyo 624 see curtisko for more info or drop into #security on IRC
- Dial-in Info (phone):
- In office or soft phone: extension 92 - US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 - Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 - Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 - Conference num 9624
Wednesday, 13 November
Startup Policy Lab kickoff meetup on Crowdfunding! The Startup Policy Lab (http://www.meetup.com/Startup-Policy-Lab/) is a group to bring together people interested in public policy that impacts startups. It's not an advocacy group, and it's not related to any organization. The purpose is to start bringing the community together to educate, network, organize amongst itself, etc.
Our first meeting hosted by WebFWD will be at Mozilla SF Commons (and streamed on AirMozilla) at 6pm and features experts in funding from UC Hastings School of Law and AngelList. Learn how recent litigation will enable developers to build cool stuff in the future. Details and RSVP at http://www.meetup.com/Startup-Policy-Lab/events/142494272/?a=ea1_grp&rv=ea1&_af_eid=142494272&_af=event
Thursday, 14 November
- Project Kick-Off Form Refresher Brown Bag: Launching projects quickly and efficiently. 10:00am PST/18:00 UTC at Brownbags Vidyo Room and live in San Francisco Common Space (will be recorded in AirMozila, hosted by Winnie Aoieong)
- 10:00 AM Pacific / 18:00 UTC: Grow Mozilla discussion -- a forum for discussing community building at Mozilla
- Agenda and dial-in information (feel free to add items to the agenda)
Friday, 15 November
- Dr. Ann Cavoukian, Privacy Commissioner for Ontario Canada and recognized privacy expert presents "Privacy by Design – Leading the Way to Preserving Our Freedoms, Minimizing Surveillance", 1-2pm PST in Mountain View, 10 Fwd (will be live and recorded on Air Mozilla)
Saturday, 16 November
Sunday, 17 November
- Come join the Shut Up & Code Meetup in San Francisco Mozilla Space. Come shut up and work for 2 hours on that side-project you've been putting off with a group of like-minded creators! Monday 11/18 6-8pm.
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: San Francisco
- Your network communications are safer! TLS 1.1 (Fx26+, B2G 1.2) and TLS 1.2 (Fx28) -- thanks to Brian Smith, Wan-Teh Chang, and Adam Langley's hard work.
Older Branch Work
Non-verbal -- more coming up in Lightning Presentations below
- Following up on MozFest. We're following up on some of the great new ideas, apps and prototypes that came out of MozFest
- Badge MozFest. MozFest participants had the opportunity to earn badges for attending the festival, as well as create session-specific and individualized badges, using community-created tools. Overall, we issued 1004 badges over the 2 day festival!
- This week: "Pass the App," a work-in-progress prototype designed to help anyone make an app to raise money for their favorite cause
- Also check out: mars.webmaker.org, a new 3D simulation that lets you remotely pilot the Mars Curiosity rover with the actual software used to plan the mission
Speaker Location: Home.
- New shiny version of the portal introducing voting system for budget.
- Rep of the Month for October - Christos Bacharakis https://reps.mozilla.org/u/bacharakis/
- 15 reps participated at Mozilla Festival
- Special thanks to the reps helping out in the Firefox launch countries: Luis (Mexico) and Santiago (Uruguay)
Speaker Location: Mountain View
- Some key targets we are working towards...
- FirefoxOS roadmap is on the public wiki.
- Getting lots of feedback that information is hard to find and scattered. Engineering program team is working on a better FirefoxOS Portal for information.
- Added Bob Thulfram's blog to Planet Firefox OS. He's doing a series of detailed and informative posts on game programming for the web, with a Firefox OS device as his target.
Speaker Location: San Francisco
Getting to a Million Mozillians
Here are some tips and suggestions for people who are interested in learning more about bringing new contributors in to your project.
- Who: You have volunteers involved in your project and you'd like to turn up the dial on participation
- Create a contribution dashboard to give you insight about where you can improve the experience for volunteers
- Contact the Open Badges team and start a discussion about creating badges for your contributors
- Get involved in a community building working group to help shape the infrastructure for participation at Mozilla
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Karl Dubost||Web Plumber||Plumbing to make the Web fluid (Web Compatibility)||From the Toronto Outer Moz space||no, but you can go through my slides as I speak||Slides||(Mobile) Web Compatibility|
|Amira Dhalla||Maker Party||Mozilla Festival (Mozfest)||NYC||No||No||Sneak peek video: https://vimeo.com/79084410 password: mozfest https://blog.webmaker.org/mozfest_demo_party or https://blog.webmaker.org/mozfest-2013|
|Robert Richter||Pass the App from Mozfest||Pass the App Appmaker Apps||Vidyo||No||Working App and Twitter timeline||Visit http://appmaker.mozillalabs.com/designer to make your own (use Paypal component)|
|Dino Anderson||Rosetta Stone/Safari Books||Distributed Leadership and Language Learning Badge||SF||No||Eduardo's improvement||Rosetta Stone Wiki|
|Alex Fowler||Privacy & Data Safety||Lightbeam for Firefox. We crossed 2 million downloads! Open database coming soon.||SF||No||See http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/lightbeam/|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
|David Weir (satdav)?||Feedback From Staff.||Got a Update about the Disability Issues at Mozilla and I am working with H.R about adding a policy to Mozilla?, Link to the results so far https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mozilla.governance/kQsmaMxT95g/discussion|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Danny Liang||Thomas Tsai||SFO (Recording)||Taipei||Firefox OS - Devices AE|
|Blake Wu||Marco Chen||SFO (Recording)||Taipei||Firefox OS - Devices|
|Roberto Vitillo||Vladan Djeric||Toronto||London||Firefox - Desktop Performance|
|Philipp Sackl||Ian Barlow||Toronto||Munich||Firefox - User Experience|
|Rachel McGuigan||Patrick McClard||Mountain View||Mountain View||Help Desk|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.